Chapter 15

Caroline POV

I got up from my spot on the ground and ran. I had to get to him first. I had to fix this. The story we have may not be perfect, and the love we feel for each other may not be what everyone else thinks it's supposed to be, but it's ours and ours alone. And I have to fight for it. They are all so scared of him, but they don't even know him. I do. I can stop this. I just have to get to his house first.

I ran faster, pushing my muscles to the max. Finally, after what truly felt like an eternity I was there. I jogged up to his front door and knocked frantically. When no one answered I threw caution to the wind and went inside. Of course the door was unlocked. Only a complete idiot would rob Niklaus Mikaelson.

Moans.

They were the first thing I heard when I walked in. Loud pleasure filled moans. Part of me was screaming at myself to turn around. For me to run away and never come back. I refused to retreat and only walked further into the house. I don't even know what's going on. I can't just assume things.

When I finally reached the living room there he was, covered in blood. There were half naked girls dancing around, laughing. I wanted to scream. I wanted to cry. Here I was coming all the way over here to fight for him and he is drinking from some random blonde. I've been torturing myself, constantly thinking about him and all he was doing was drinking the lives out of innocent people. He hadn't noticed me yet, or he just chose to ignore me.

"What the hell is going on here!" He only laughed. He laughed! "Caroline, love, what a pleasant surprise." He moved toward me, but I stepped back. He only smiled at me then. "Leave us ladies." The random women left the room, giggling as they went. "What-what are you-" I couldn't even speak. I didn't know what to say to this.

He turned away from me and went to pour himself a drink. "What do you want Caroline? Come to distract me while your friends plan my death?" I didn't know what to say. He knew? But how? Has he been spying on me? Needing answers I looked at him, "Have you been having people follow me?!"

He threw the glass of liquor into the fire place and rushed at me, slamming me against the wall, "After everything that's all that you say?! Am I spying on you?! Seriously Caroline!" I'm horrified by what's in front of me, and I'm sure he can see it in my eyes. He looked into my eyes, before roughly releasing me, "You look at me as if I'm the monster."

He chuckled darkly, "Of course you're scared of me, I'm the worst beast of them all. And to top it all off, I get to live forever. You know, it's funny how this is every kid's dream, to be strong and to live forever. To never grow old, never get sick. If only they knew." Monster? What is he talking about?

"Nik I-" He stopped me, "Get out." If the wall wasn't behind me I would have stumbled back. "Nik let me explain. I-" He interrupted me again, "I said get out! Get the hell out of my house Caroline! What don't you understand?! I don't want you here! I don't want you period!" I didn't know I was crying till till I felt a tear on my cheek, I didn't wipe it away. He looked at me and his face softened before he lifted his hand, like he wanted to wipe my tears. But he quickly put it back to his side and his face hardened again.

I felt like I was dying, "You don't mean that. You're just hurt. You're lashing out at me because I hurt you. You-" Before I could finish my sentence the next thing I know I'm being thrown out. Literally. I land on the ground with a loud thump, "If you come back here I will kill you." The tears were harder now, faster. My chest was tightening. I felt like I couldn't breathe. This feeling was a million times worse than what I felt in the woods.

"And tell the doppelgänger that I'm coming for her. If she tries to run I will kill everyone she has ever loved. If any of you try to protect her I will rip your hearts out without hesitation." I keep telling myself he doesn't mean any of it. That he's just trying to hurt me, like I hurt him.

"You might as well spend time with your mother now. Come the day after tomorrow you will all be dead anyway." Then he walked back into the house, slamming the door on me. I lay there, crying, gasping for air. I have to tell them. No matter what happens I'll be okay with it. I tried to fight, he didn't want to. He didn't want me.

Well fine. I got up and looked at his front door, "I came here to stop them, because I loved you. But now, now I'll do whatever it takes to stop you. Even if that means I'll have to kill you myself."