Chapter 16

Klaus POV

"You bloody idiot!" I don't even turn around from my position to look at her. I'm staring at the door,  the door I just threw her out of. I let out a long sigh and turn around, "I'm not in the mood for your tantrums Rebekah." I walk back over to make myself a much needed drink. I hear her heels clicking against the stairs. Great, she's mad.

"You want to know what I've never understood about you? You say that you're so strong and mighty but all you do is play the victim. Yes, your father beat you as a child, so what! He hated you, who cares! Your dad has tried to kill you over and over again, well last time I checked I was running with you! So you know what, I am tired of you playing the poor bastard card! You spout garbage about everyone leaving you, but it is you that push them away Nik! With all of your games!" Rebekah screams at me.

Instead of throwing my glass at the fire place again I down the last of it and put the glass on the table. "I didn't push her away Rebekah. I didn't push any of you away! All I ever do is try to protect you, but instead of being grateful you all stab me in the back!" I fired back at her. "And you were never running with me. None of you were. To run with me you'd have to be a bastard. To run with me you'd have to hear your father repeatedly call you an abomination and tell you that you're not good enough ever since you were old enough to comprehend the meaning of words.

"To run with me you'd have to know what it felt like to be beaten constantly! Constantly! Don't you dare stand there and say you were running with me. You were just running. You think you can relate to me Rebekah? You won't be able to relate to me till your own father looks you in the eye with pure hatred, pure rage because you were born."

She only scoffs. "There it is. You constantly hold that over our heads. You need to let it go Nik. That is exactly why you are in this situation with Caroline." I stopped myself mid drink, "I am in this situation with Caroline because she chose the wrong side. She chose to side with Mikael and her friends. She-"

She stumps her foot, "You still don't see it! You pushed her away Nik! You compelled her to forget about you, for goodness sake! Now when she tries to come back to you, you push her away again! You claim to love her but-" I break the leg off of the table and flash towards her, stabbing her in the gut with the stake. Before she can recover I flash upstairs, trying to get to my studio.

Elijah stops me. "You know as well as I do that
that woman did not want to hurt you. She came here to protect you. She came here because by some miracle she was able to love you. You threw her away. Don't blame anyone but yourself for that."

Before I could reply he flashed down the stairs, probably to help Rebekah. I refused to think about their words and made my way to my studio. They were everywhere. Paintings and sketches of her. I ripped each sheet of paper and broke every canvas. When there was nothing left to destroy I stood there, looking at the destruction I caused.

How could they blame me? She went to Mikael. She came here to distract me. She wants to kill me.

She came here because she loves you.

"I came here to stop them, because I loved you."

I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts. She was lying. She just wanted inside of my head.

I grabbed my phone and called Maddox, "Do you have the doppelganger yet?"
"Not yet. Almost."
"Don't fail me Maddox. or you'll be added to the top of my list of people to kill before morning." I hung up the phone, not giving him a chance to reply.

Tanisha POV

"Mother." I said, bowing my head in respect. I was currently at our safe house. We were planning our move on Klaus. She nodded at me, "When is he doing the ritual?" Of course she'd start with that, not how are you daughter or anything. "He plans on doing it tomorrow night." She got up from her seat and stood in the middle of the room.

"Sisters, Niklaus Mikaelson has persecuted us for too long. The Jurid Witch Coven has suffered too much loss, and tomorrow night we get our revenge. We will cut down this abomination. Tomorrow night, after Niklaus breaks his curse we will all link together and I will take him down for good. I have prayed to the ancestors and they have lended me the power to ensure that this plan works."

A girl, Sarah, moved to the front of the crown, "What about this Caroline? She has done nothing to us yet you want us to kill her." I could see the anger building inside of my mom. She hates defiance and being questioned. She likes being the boss, in charge. Our previous coven leader was Andrea, but Klaus killed her, so my mom stepped up. "Caroline Forbes is anything but innocent. She deserves everything that's coming to her." Sarah shook her head, "No she's good. She-" Sarah never got to finish. She started choking, her hands were grabbing at her throat.

I rushed toward her, "Sarah! Sarah what's happening?!" I looked over at my mom for help and saw that her eyes were white. No pupils, she was doing this. Blood came out of Sarah's mouth, eyes, nose, and ears. "Mother stop!" I begged her. Her eyes went back to normal and Sarah stopped clawing at her throat. She stopped moving altogether. She was dead. Gasps and sobs could be heard, but I was too focused on Sarah. "Anyone else wants to question me! Is anyone else here a coward?!"

My head snapped over to my mother, she was a monster.