Chapter 13

Klaus POV

I'm in my art room when I hear a knock at my door. I don't bother to go see who it is, since I already know it's Tanisha bringing what I asked for. Looking back at my painting, it's of Caroline, I try to capture the moment I saw her on the canvas. I remember every detail, right down to the amount of liquor bottles on the bar in front of her. I snap the paint brush in half and throw the canvas across the room. The force of my throw causes it to snap in half. I scream out in frustration. I can never get it right!

"I have your brother Mr. Mikaelson." I walk out of my art room and make my way downstairs to the front door. "I can see that Tanisha." She puts her head down, "I haven't removed the dagger. I also brought a present for him." She motions with her hand for someone to walk in, and someone does. In walks a brunette with a shirt two sizes too small for her and a skirt so short she could put strippers to shame.

The girl looks terrified and she's even crying. She looks up at me, "Please let me go." she begs. I smile at her as I walk towards her. The closer I get the heavier her tears are. I use my hand to wipe away her tears, "There is no need to cry sweetheart."

I look into her eyes, "You will not scream and you will not run." I vamp speed to my kitchen, grab a knife, then come back to the girl. I open Elijah's casket and yank the dagger out. I look over at her pointing to Elijah's immobile body, "When he wakes up you will use this knife to cut yourself, choose whatever area you would like. You will offer him your blood and you will not leave until he drinks you dry. Understand? Good." I turn towards Tanisha, "Get out of my house." I turn and go back to my art room before she can respond. Now it's just a matter of waiting.

Narrator POV

"Did you do it?" the person on the phone asked.

The one holding the phone answered, "Yes, I've started it. Right now she doesn't know they are memories yet, she thinks he is trying to manipulate her."

"Well then keep pushing them until she realizes they are memories and she truly remembers. For this plan to work Caroline must remember how she is in love with Klaus."

The one holding the phone nodded, "I know. I'm doing my best."

"How is it going with breaking his curse?" the one on the phone asked.

The person holding the phone sighed, "I'm not 100% sure. I thought he would have started the preparations as soon as she rejected him, but he didn't. However he did bring back his sister and he is planning on bringing back one of his brothers, Elijah. I believe he plans to have them help him break his curse and win her back. Remind me why she needs to remember again for all of this to work?"

The person on the phone groaned in frustration, "That way it will hurt so much more when we take and kill her. If he finally got her back after all those years apart losing her so quickly would destroy him. Don't tell me you are having second thoughts about this."

The person holding the phone shook their head frantically, "Of course not mother! I loved her too, more than anyone."

"Good my child. Now do not disappoint me Tanisha. I have waited so long for my revenge. No one, and I mean no one will get in my way." Then she hung up the phone.

Klaus POV

"What the bloody hell is taking you so long? Wake up brother!" I screamed at his body. I've been waiting for hours. I went back to the couch and downed my drink. Just as I was about to pour myself a new one I heard it. I smiled and turned around, "Finally! We have things to do Elijah so drink your fill and put on a new suit."

I left the room to go and call Rebekah. "I have him. He's awake." I heard shuffling in the background, "I'm on my way." Then she hung up. Things were finally looking up. I went back downstairs and was immediately slammed up against the wall. I looked over and saw that the brunette was laid out on the floor, dead. I smiled at my brother, "Welcome back brother." I said as best I could, he was currently choking me. "Hello brother." He spat the word out, "Where are they? Give them to me. Or I end you, right here, right now."

I laughed but he just tightened his hand around my throat, "You couldn't kill me even if you wanted to." He smiled to me, a sadistic smile, I liked this Elijah. "I will very well try Niklaus. And if I fail I know you won't kill me. I also know you won't keep me in a box my whole life so every time you bring me out like your little toy I will try again. And again. At some point I will succeed brother."

"Don't tell me you've sunk down to Niklaus' level." Our heads snap to Rebekah as she walks into the room. Upon seeing her Elijah immediately releases my neck and embraces her. She smiles into his neck and hugs him back, "I missed you too." I scoff at their display and walk back over to make myself a drink. Sitting on the couch I look up at Rebekah as I balance my drink on my knee, "I believe I upheld my end of the deal. Now it's your turn dear sister."

She walked over to the couch. I just noticed the clothes bag in her hand as she handed it to Elijah. Knowing it was a clean suit he nodded at her in thank you before going to change. She crossed her legs and leaned back into the couch, "First things first, I want Finn and Kol." The glass in my hand shattered, "That was not the deal Rebekah. Do not test me sister." She glared at me, "Fine then. After I help you then you'll release them." Before I could answer Elijah walked in, "Don't worry sister. Niklaus will release them. Won't you brother?" I shook my head, "No."

Rebekah stood up, "If you want Caroline back you'll agree to my terms. I can get Stefan with or without you Nik, remember that. You need me. Not the other way around." I restrained myself from putting a dagger through both of them on the spot. To calm myself down I thought of her. Her smell. Her hair. Everything. I let out a long breath, "For her I will do this. Now, tell me what you have come up with in that devilish head of yours."