Chapter 20

AN: The POV changes a few times in this chapter. Hopefully no one gets confused. Enjoy, vote, comment.

Caroline POV

Flashback

Even though I knew we had a plan, I was still terrified. I mean, who wouldn't be? I looked over at Tanisha, "Are you sure this will work?" She sighed, "Yes Caroline, I'm sure it will work." I sat on the couch and put my head in my hands. My head was killing me, my memories coming back left me with a serious headache. "You do love him don't you? Or am I just wasting my time here?"

My head snapped up and I rushed at her, slamming her against the wall with my hand around her throat. She looked at me, shock and fear clear in her eyes. When I realized what I had done I quickly pulled my hand away from her throat and stepped back, "I'm sorry. Are you okay? I'm so so sorry." She rubbed her throat and coughed. "Don't be. You love him, I understand."

I nodded and she spoke again, "But if you want to stop Mikael and my mother you need to work with me. If we don't work together one of you, maybe even both, will die. Mikael is determined to kill Klaus, but he'll want to kill you before he does that just to make Klaus suffer, and my mother is determined to kill you so she can have Klaus. It all comes down to who finds you first."

I nodded again, "Okay, so I just want to make sure I have this right. You want me to allow Mikael to come here and compel me then when he takes me to Nik you'll be following us, then just as he is about to kill me you swoop in and everything is right with the world?" She slowly nodded, "Yeah, basically."

I groaned aloud. "And how do you know Mikael will get here before your mother." She smirked, "I put a few obstacles in her path to make sure she doesn't get you before he does."