Chapter 6

Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.
- Gandolf

Klaus POV
All I see is white. I look around me and everything is white. Its seems endless, no matter if I walk or run, I am still in the same place. Suddenly I hear a voice, "Nik." The voice is faint, but it seems to be coming at me from all directions. Then I hear it again, louder this time, "Nik! Niklaus help me!" I can now recognize the voice, it's her, it's Caroline. "Caroline!" I shout, "Where are you?!" She doesn't answer me, she just keeps screaming. I run, using my speed to flash all over. That's when I see her. Her blonde hair is stuck to her face, she's staring straight at me with tears in her eyes.

Then I smell it, blood. All of a sudden she crumbles to the ground and her shirt is soaked in blood and she's screaming in pain. I want to run to her, I try run to, but I can't. "Nik! Please, help me! I don't wanna die, please!" she screams. I keep trying to reach her, but I'm stuck. I can't move, I'm not even sure if I'm breathing or not. That's when I see him, its almost like he comes out of thin air. I see him laughing at me, not a whole hearted laugh, but a dark and devious one.

It scares me, but I don't show my fear. It would only encourage him. "She was foolish enough to love you and now look what has become of her. She is dying and it is all your fault boy! You didn't deserve her. An abomination does not deserve happiness. Now you will watch her die, knowing you did nothing to save her!" he says.

I can feel rather than hear the venom in his voice. This time when I try to run to her my feet actually move. I run as fast as my feet can carry me, faster than any human, werewolf, or vampire. But I still can't reach her, she is so close, but so far at the same time. He turns her head towards me and I see the tears coming out of her eyes, but then she smiles, "I love you Nik. I've alw-" and then she's dead. He reached his hand into her chest before she could finish her declaration.