Chapter Eight - Back Home

Walking back to my car made me fully realise what I had actually done. I couldn't believe it. I have no one left now. I mean I have David, but I can't put up with his self obsessed player of a best mate, so that's not going to work for me. I haven't told David anything about what's happened between me and the group. Of course he knows about the Jamie thing because he's on the team and was playing tonight. He was never really fond of the group and the only reason he got on with Jamie other than Jamie being his team captain was because he had made me happy and David could see that. But now I bet that is a completely different situation, now that he as well as everybody else has seen Jamie for who he really is.

I sat in my car thinking about everything that had happened in one day. One day that's all it was, and god does it feel like longer, so much has happened. I've lost all my friends and my boyfriend in one day. I didn't think that could be humanly possible. But yet again Lilly you have out done everyone else. Can anyone else loose everyone they care about in one day, nope, I must just have that luck on my side, let's just hope it doesn't stay. I hadn't even realised that I was crying until I felt drops of water on my hand in my lap, and there was a knock on the car window to make me leave my thought bubble. There stood the only person left in my life now, the one and only David. David, the only person to make my day better, and make me feel happy.

"Hey Lilliepop, I think I've missed a lot, because you certainly aint the type of person to sit and cry in your car. Want to talk, I'll drive us home and you can talk while I drive, sound good?" he asked sweetly. I nodded and climbed over into the passenger's seat as he got in to drive us home. That's exactly what I did, I spilled everything to David while he sat and listened muttering angry words, thinking I couldn't hear him. I'm surprised I could over the noise that I was making sobbing. Once we were outside my house and he had parked up. He moved me onto his lap and hugged me letting me cry into him, like he would have done when we were younger if I had gotten hurt. As I started to let up on crying, I thought about what would happen. Id obviously said it out loud because David whispered in my ear. "It will all be fine, you'll see. You've always got me and that's not about to change even if you wanted it too. So put that gorgeous smile back on your face and remember something, I love you Lilliepop." Placing a kiss on my forehead, it was exactly like we were when we were younger, when there was no responsibility and the biggest worry was whether or not we'd be able to finish playing our game before being called in for dinner.

"I love you too Dave, I don't know what I'd do without you sometimes you know." With that I got off his lap, took my keys out of the car and got out with him behind me. After giving me one more tight hug and telling me if there was anything I needed then to come over, we went our separate ways. Thinking my day really couldn't get any worse, I planned to just go straight to my bedroom and sleep. I really wish that could have been true and that the drama was all done with... but I guess bad luck was still on my side.

With my mum and step dad away on business, you could say I was a bit shocked to find that the front door wasn't double locked. Walking in was like it would be in a horror film to be honest. You know when you're waiting for something to jump out at you but its taking too long. As I looked on I saw that there was a figure sitting on the sofa. So being the wimp I am I decided that the best thing to do, was to grab the umbrella sitting by the front door, and walk towards the shadow that was sitting on the sofa, at least this way if it was to attack me I'd be able to hit it with something. It's a natural instinct right? No, okay maybe it's just me. Just as I was about to hit the figure over the head in hope it would knock them out, it turned to look at me. I let out a big gasp and turned the light switch on.

"What are you doing here? You scared the crap out of me!" I shouted laughing, dropping the umbrella to the floor with a thud.

"I came home early, I am allowed it's my house you know," snapped John.

"Actually its mums, but I was just asking no need to snap at me. Are you okay, why did you come back home early?" I asked warily because something just didn't seem right with him. He isn't usually like this, he's usually nice and sweet but tonight it seemed as if he was angry about something, which is unusual for John. He just glared at me and then smirked.

"You know, I've never liked you Lilly. You were always too sweet and innocent, when I don't really think you are. I bet you're a slut at school, and to be honest I don't want a slut living in this house, not now not ever, so I'm thinking you should leave now." He said darkly, moving towards me, as he did I saw the bottle of JD fall to the floor empty. The one thing I have always said is that when you are drunk you tell the truth, and clearly that's what I was getting now. But there was no way in hell I was going to leave my home, especially when it wasn't even his.

"I'm not leaving John, one it's my mum's house and you can't tell me when to leave. Two I have nowhere to go. Finally, I've had a really bad a day and all I want is my own bed and to go to sleep. So do what you want but I am not leaving." I said growing in confidence as I went to walk to my room. Just as I was about to take another step, I felt a rough hand yank me back. I turned to look at a very angry John.

"John let go, I'm just going to bed and you have obviously had too much to drink, just go to sleep and let it ware off." I screamed instantly as he pulled me back and punched me in the face so hard that I fell to the floor, probably bruising my back as well as having a bruise on my face. A few tears leaked from my eyes as I stared up into John's bored eyes.

"I said get out and I meant it. Oh and Lilly don't come back, and don't tell your mother about this or there will be trouble okay, sweetheart" He laughed, and took another step forward. Having enough of this and not wanting to risk getting hurt more. I ran from the house grabbing my bag which I had dropped when coming into the house. I ran as fast as I could, till I got to the familiar door a cross the road. I pounded on it until I heard a shout "okay hold on, I'm coming". The door swung open to show a very sleepy David, he must have worn himself out in the football game earlier. Glancing at the clock above him I noticed that it was now 10:30pm, wow where did the time go. I must have spent longer in the car with David than I remembered.

"Lilly, where's the fire? Jheez." He said sleepily rubbing his eyes, that was until he noticed me crying and the now dark bruise forming on my eye and cheek. He looked shocked for a moment before pulling me into the house and sitting me on the sofa, as he ran to get an ice pack.

"Dave I'm going to need two," I said through floods of tears. "Oh and do you mind me sleeping here tonight please I can't go home?" I said crying more than I ever thought possible. David came back with two ice packs and passed them to me so that I could put one on my face and one on my back. David sat there staring, probably wondering how to start.

"Just ask me Dave." I said sighing, as I felt the coolness of the packs on my bruising body. It eased the pain slightly and allowed me to stop crying. I looked at David sighing again before starting to explain what had happened.

"... and then he told me to leave. I had nowhere else to go Dave so I came to you. Can I stay please?"

"Of course Lilly, you can stay as long as you need, and tomorrow when we get up, I'll go get some of your clothes and have a word with that step dad of yours. Let's go sleep in my bed like old times yea Hun," That sounded like it would be a good idea, just snuggled up with David. I nodded and walked up stairs into David's room, got into his bed, painfully because of my back, and snuggled into David who was lying in bed already. He put his arms around me lightly, so he didn't hurt me, and kissed my forehead.

"Night Lilliepop"

"Night Dave" I whispered. I instantly fell into a deep sleep; feeling warm, safe and loved wishing tomorrow will be a better day.

Trying To Upload More Often Now.... Enjoy. Sorry For Any Mistakes.

I Just Realised That This Was Posted Separately For Some Reason, So Here It Is Again :) Let Me No What You Think !! I Will Try And Update Soon x