Chapter 6: Cops

Yeearn! You could hear the sound a mile away as the black SUV our two (out of four) protagonists were supposed to be in flew down the Lost Highway. Why's it lost? Nobody knows!

The whole FBI was following the SUV - helicopters, cop cars; if you can name it and the FBI /CIA has access, then it's being used. That's a lot of stuff, huh?

"Alright alright, lay out the tacks." said officer in command Bobby Joel. "They never expect the tacks!!"
When in reality, our getaway driver guy has seen every cop chase since around 1996. He knows what they do like the back of his hand.

"Are ya kiddin'? Tecks? Dat da best dey gat?" He has a thick accent. Which accent it is, nobody knows to be honest with you. He swerved around them, or he basically went off-road, and crashed into a ravine.

Ka-blooey! The explosion could be seen a mile away, and the sound even farther. Everybody saw it and they called the chase off. The two they were chasing are dead, so there's no threat anymore.

"Alright, pack em' up!"  Bobby Joel exclaimed. Everyone headed back to their respective headquarters and started on updating their wanted lists just as the driver of the SUV climbed out from the wreckage of..well, the wreck he just made.

He began the long trek back to his place of work, and by the looks of his surroundings, that'd take a long time. But that's a story to be told a different day...