Death is Not Around the Corner

Start from the beginning

"This cake is amazing!" Armin said. "Where did you get it?"

"Oh," Bertolt rubbed the back of his neck. "It's about a two hour drive to get to the place, but the cake is really good there. I'd say it's worth it."

"I would totally drive two hours for this cake," Mikasa spoke up, and everyone laughed along with her, surprised by how happy some cake could make her.

Suddenly, Jean and Reiner began to cough. All attention averted to them as the coughing began to grow more violent. The plates dropped from their hands as they rolled onto the floor and continued coughing. It eventually came to a halt. Then, they spazzed out occasionally before finally laying still in awkward positions with their tongues sticking out.

There was a moment of silence while everyone tried to process what happens. But when everyone deemed this situation as weird as shit, Eren spoke up first. "The fuck just happened?"

"I know!" Sasha cried suddenly. She fell to her knees as Connie tried to calm her down. "They were poisoned!"

The friends gasped dramatically.

"And they were poisoned by," Sasha continued. "Bertolt and Marco!"

Everyone gasped again. This time, Ymir "fainted" onto Christa hoping she would catch her. However, Christa wasn't ready for it, so Ymir ended up taking them both down with a thud.

"What do you have to say for yourselves now!" Eren shouted at them.

Bertolt and Marco glanced at each other, both appearing quite confused. "But we-"

"They wanted to get back at Reiner and Jean!" Sasha began to hyperventilate.

"Just explain to us exactly what happened, okay?" Armin kneeled down next to her.

Sasha sniffed. "Okay."

24 hours before
Some random store place

"Hey, Reiner," Bertolt smiled as he walked up to him. "I got you some tea."

"And got you some, too, Jean," Marco said as he handed Jean a cup and saucer.

"Thanks, but why does it have to be in these old-timey looking cups?" Jean laughed, and Reiner laughed along.

"No reason," Bertolt shrugged.

"Just for fun!" Marco said.

"Alright," Reiner and Jean shrugged. "Cheers!"

"Cheers!" Bertolt and Marco smiled back as they lifted the cup up to their mouths, pinkies up.

When they were done, Reiner and Jean set their cups on the saucer. That was wen they noticed the writing at the bottom which said "You have been poisoned."

At first, Reiner and Jean laughed it off.

"What's so funny, Reiner?" Bertolt asked with a rather dark expression.

"Yeah, Jean?" Marco asked.

"Our cups just said we got poisoned," Jean laughed nervously. "That's a joke right?"

"It would have been funny," Bertolt said with a malevolent tone, "if it was a joke."

"So that means-" Reiner said, his voice shaking.