Chapter 7: Relief

Start from the beginning

"C'mon, Lub." She says as she walks past me. "Let's go get tea."

"I thought you wanted pocky." I say.

She shakes her head? "You, dumbass. I said TEA. I want TEA. God, you never listen."

I roll my eyes as Sayuri stands beside me. I'm still taller than her, but she's up to my nose. The boy passes us and I see he hits her in the shoulder. They share a glance and he walks forward beside Mine.

"Good to see you again." Sayuri says.

I nod down at her. "Yeah. New look?"

She smiles and flips her white and silver hair over her shoulders. "Yeah. Ya like?"

"Its...different." I say. She smiles at me.

We walk into a tea shop, and coffee shop, and sit down. There's only a few people in there. Mine and the boy go and order.

"What's changed?" Sayuri asks.

I sigh. "Uh, well. Mine and Tatsumi are sort of a...thing?" I say. I look at Sayuri and see her mouth is hanging open.

"Serious?" She asks. "You better not be lying to me!"

I shake my head. Mine and Tatsumi did start dating recently.

"So," I say. "What changed with you?"

Sayuri blows a breath, making her cheeks puff. "Well, obviously, we got Rin back from the Empire. But, the other one, Astrid, wasn't so lucky."

I saw pain in her newly silver eyes and, imidently, I felt a pang of guilt. So, Rin was the boy's name. And Astrid was the little girl I saw last time.

Mime and Rin come back, holding drinks and doughnuts. Mine takes a white cup of tea and a cookie. Rin takes a plastic cup filled with a red, pink liquid. Sayuri takes a cup filled with a light brown liquid and chunks of ice and a chocolate covered doughnut. I take a few cookies.

Rin's silver eyes lock on mine and I see they have a mix of emotions. I can't compare because the poor guys been in the Empire. Screw that.

"So, Mine." Sayuri says. "I hear your with Tatsumi."

Mine takes a sip of her tea and a bite of her cookie and nods."I guess so."

"How long?" Sayuri asks. She takes a sip of her drink.

"Almost a month now." Mine answers.

Sayuri nods and takes a bite of her doughnut. I smile when chocolate gets on her lips and a little on her cheeks.

Sayuri's POV

Lubbock is smiling at me.

My eyes meet his and I glare at him. "What?"

He picks up a white napkin and scoots over to me. "I think you need this."

I take it from his and wipe my mouth, blushing when I see brown stain the white of the napkin.

"I....I guess I did." I laugh.

A strand of my white hair falls into my eyes and I flip it away quickly, not wanting to make a fool of myself after what I did with the chocolate.

"Yeah." Lubbock nods.

I still didn't believe Mine and Tatsumi were dating. Wonder if Lubbock was dating anyone?

Quickly, I shake my head. Lubbock was a friend, Sayuri. Quit it!

I open my eyes and see Rin, Mine, and Lubbock are taking. I'm happy Lubbock and Rin are getting along. Considering Lubbock's boss had pretty much killed Astrid, Rin's teammate.

"So, Sayuri," Mine says.

My eyes snap up to her face. She wears a naughty looking smirk. Uh oh.

"Uh, yeah?" I say.

"Are you dating anyone?" She asks. I feel like breaking the window glass and launching them into her pretty pink eyes, but I don't.

Instead, I shake my head. "No. No one I like."

It was true. I knew Rin liked me, but I didn't think of him like that. I didn't talk to any other boy besides Katsuko, and there was no way in hell I'd date my boss. I had kissed Lubbock, but I didn't know if he like anyone.

Lubbock's POV

Relief flood through me. Sayuri was single.

Of course she was. Her team had been pretty much forced into hiding.

Thank god.