Chapter 11

I stared in horror as I looked up at a smirking Jose. I tried to slam the door back but he just put his hands on it and stop me. He barged his way in and shut the door behind him, locking it.
    "What the fuck are you doing here?!!"
    "What, you not happy to see me?", he said caressing my face.
   I smacked his hand away. "Does it look like I'm fucking happy to see you?! Get the fuck out now!"
    "Why, baby?"
    "DON'T CALL ME THAT!!?"
  He gripped me by my throat and I tried to claw at his hands. "Who the fuck you think you yelling at huh?! Bitch, I will fuck you up!!"
    I was struggling to breath and I started seeing stars until he let me go. I was gasping for air and rubbing my throat. "Please leave, Jose. I don't want to be with you anymore".
    "I ain't going anywhere. I saw you at the mall the other week talking to that dumbass nigga. Who was he, Gabby? You out here being a little hoe ain't you!!", he screamed and slapped me across the face. I held my hands against my cheek. "No. I'm not, we aren't together anymore, Jose. You can't tell me who I can and can't date-"
    He grabbed me by my hair forcing me to look him in the eye. "Bitch, I own you. This pussy is mine. You're gonna stop talking to that nigga, do you understand me?!"
    My eyes widen. I didn't want to stop talking to Eric. I wanted to be with him.
    "No, I'm not and you can't make me-"
He slapped me and I felt a little blood in my mouth. "You're gonna stop talking to him or I'm going to tell your parents you're hanging around those niggas".
     I stopped breathing. He wouldn't do that. But then again, I know him. And I don't want to get Eric hurt. If this is the way to protect him then so be it.
     "Ok", I said softly
      " You're gonna call him and tell him it's over. Right now"
I had tears in my eyes. I nodded and walked over to the phone, dialing his number. It ranges for a couple of seconds and finally I heard his voice. "Hello?"
     I took I deep breath. "Eric?"
    "Oh my god, Gabriela!", he exclaimed. " Look, Gabby I did t mean to upset you. I was just trying to think of you and how this would affect you if we got caught. Baby I don't want to be without you, please just come back and we can talk", he said
     I shook my head as the tears rolled down my face. "Eric, I think you were right".
     "What are you talking about?"
     "About us not being together. I think we need to...break up", I said nervously
     "What?!", he said. " I thought you said you wanted to fight for us? What happened to that?"
    "Please don't make this harder just please leave me alone"
    "Gabriela-"
   I hung up before he could say anything else. Tears rushed down my face as I sobbed. Jose pulled me into a hug. "I know that was hard, baby but it had to be done". I felt disgusted by him.
    "He was probably fucking someone else anyway. You were bound to find out soon enough"
    He rocked me back and forth. Maybe he was cheating on me. But that doesn't make me feel any better and it doesn't make me want to stay with Jose.
    He lifted up my face with his hands on my cheeks and kissed my lips gently. " I'll never let you go Gabby", he said in a sinister tone but was smiling. "Never"