meeting

may 9th, 2015

ariana had been rushing around, collecting empty plates from tables and taking plates with food in them to the tables again. she worked in a small restaurant in town, it wasn't much but it was a job and it paid alright for someone who was still at school - it was only a part time job anyway. 

it was ten minutes till nine and there was only one boy left in the restaurant, he sat at the very corner table, looking out the window at the rain that was pouring down quickly from the sky. ariana knew that she would soon have to tell him that he had to leave but she had noticed that his boy had been here for a few hours, staring at the same thing. she didn't want to disturb him. 

ariana gave him a few more minutes, and he still hadn't moved from that same spot so she knew that she was going to have to go over and tell him that the restaurant was now closing. ariana's aunt owned the place so she left her to close up as it wasn't a big job, nobody ever sits around until closing time. 

she walked over to him slowly and stood at the table that he was sitting at, he still didn't notice her until she cleared her throat. he quickly looked up at her, "hi, i'm sorry to bother you but we are closing up." she smiled sweetly, before she realised the tears streaming down the boy's cheek - which broke her heart. she hated seeing anyone cry, it didn't matter if she didn't have a clue who they were. 

"i'm sorry, i'm just having a hard day today. i'll leave now." he said quietly but ariana put her hand on his arm, signalling for him to stop his movements. 

he looked up at her confusingly, "don't you like telling your problems to strangers? i think they are the best people to talk to, as you don't have to worry about ever seeing them again." ariana grinned which caused the boy to laugh quietly. 

he sat down beside her, "calum," he held his hand out for her to shake, which she gladly accepted, "nice to meet you." 

"the same goes for you, i'm ariana." she replied as she waited for calum to speak up. 

"it's my dad. my mum found out that he has been cheating on her. i hate seeing her so upset y'know? and the worst thing was that he didn't even apologize or make anything right, he looked at us and then turned around and left. who the fuck does that to their family?" he angrily muttered, keeping his eyes from making eye contact with ariana while he spoke. 

"some people are just fucked up, this is a fucked up world after all. if he walked out of his family like that then you and your mum are better off without him, trust me i've been through the same thing. i know how it feels." ariana replied as she gently put her hand over calum's making him jump at first but then he relaxed and held on to it. 

the rest of the night was spent with them getting to know each other and extreme flirting - terrible flirting.