Make- Over pt.1, 8

Start from the beginning

"Um yeah... How do you know Phoenix?" I shrugged and smiled lightly

"He was my cousin." the boy paled at my words his eyes wide.

"W-was?" he whispered, I nodded and cleared my throat.

"He passed away a week ago. He was sent back to his home town after the incident, then the sickness got worse, finally he died choking on his own blood." I said softly, letting faux pain soak the words.

"O-ok." with that the boy walked away, unshed tears almost flooding his eyes. I looked at Vik and Belle their eyes wide.

"What?!" I asked as they stared at me and turned my gaze to Vik. "Why didn't you tell him I was dead?" she opened her mouth but no words left, she looked like a fish out of water, trying to grasp the right words, but they flew by too quick. Finally she sighed.

"The truth is he came by every day asking me about you. How you were, sometimes he'd even give me flowers and cards to give to you. Until I finally was told the lie about you dying, then I avoided him at all costs. I couldn't tell him you were dead, he'd think it was his fault. So one day I told him I didn't know anything except that you were out of state. Then that they stopped telling me things." she sighed and leaned on a wall, letting her head fall back against it, her eyes closed. Belle inhaled sharply and clapped her hands together.

"Well isn't that dreary?" she asked her teeth sinking into her lower lip, she sucked on it a bit before an evil smile tore across her face. "You're next."

"Huh?" I asked trying not to widen my eyes in fear, I failed. She just grabbed my arm and dragged me off to a tattoo parlor.

"What are we doing here?" I asked fear evident in my voice, she looked at me and smirked lightly.

"You're getting a tribute to Phoenix, I mean it's only fair. You killed that poor boy's infatuation with the old you." I raised a brow as the tattoo artist came out. Long bright blond hair, deep brown eyes, petite, not a mark on her perfect skin, skinny jeans, a black knit scarf, and a pale pink tee shirt with love written across it in cursive black letters. Not what you'd expect... at all.

"How can I help you?" she asked a sweet southern accent swept through her words as she smiled at us.

"Hey Sammy, this boy right here needs a piece of your beautiful artwork attached permanently into his skin." Belle said in a happy tone while shoving me towards the girl. "On the Alpha needle." she smirked devilishly. Sammy's cheeks burned brightly as she took a hold of my hand as if she was afraid I'd break with a simple touch.

"Yes Alpha Mckenzie." she said softly. Belle rolled her eyes at the girl and crossed her arms.

"Sammy how many times to I have to tell you I'm your mate not your Alpha, we're equals... most of the time." she added under her breath, Sammy's cheeks burned brighter; if that was possible. She lead me back and sat me in a leather chair.

"So is there anything specific you want?" she asked "Or do you want to see my portfolio?" I shrugged and bit my lip, the perfect image came across my mind and I smirked at the awesomeness, my fingers burned and twitched at the urge to draw it.

"Can I have a piece of paper?" slowly nodding she stood and handed me a piece of paper and a pencil. I sketched out the picture and a few minutes later I gave it back to her.

"Can you draw this?" she took the image and smiled brightly.

"Of course I can. Where do you want it sugar?" I smirked and looked at Belle who was looking at me her jaw clenched tightly. Someone's jealous.

"I want it on my right ribs and I want these to end on my hip bone." she nodded and got the equipment ready.

"I'll be right back. I need to sketch this on some special paper." smiling smugly took off my shirt and leaned back in the chair. Twenty minutes later she came back, paper in hand and a few more colors.