4

"You need to dress nice," My mother looks down at my outfit. Her brown eyes held judgment. "You cannot have lunch with the alpha in sweatpants and a t-shirt. Go change now."

I groan in annoyance and stomp back into my room. I throw on an old black skirt and plain white shirt. Hopefully this outfit was mother approved. I don't even know why she cares how I dress. It's not like I have to impress our Alpha or anything.

"Kendall, lets go!"

After a short drive, we arrived at the park house. I watched my mother intensely as she puts our car in park. I expected he to turn the car around and take us back home. She stared at the sand colored house with so much hatred. Why does she hate this place so much?

"Are you ready to go in or are you going to continue trying to make the building collapse with your eyes,"I joke. Her head snaps to me and she rolls her eyes. She finally pushes open the car door and gets out. I slide out of my side and follow behind.

Walking through the house felt odd today. Normally my pack members would greet me but today they all just stared. I knew that had to do with my mom. To them I was just a normal wolf but she was not. They knew she hated the pack life and the alpha. No one, including me, knows the real reason my mom hates the pack. She was a mystery to all. You know, I think she hates being a werewolf in general. In all my years I've never seen her shift once. I don't even know what her wolf looks like.

"Oh, welcome. Teresa and Kendall." Kyle comes out from the kitchen we were just about to pass. He gave us a warm yet serious smile. The boy was only 15 and I felt like he was more mature than me. "Alpha and his family are waiting for you out in the garden." He seriously talks like a posh adult.

"Thank you Kyle," I say. He nods and moves along to do his next task.

Walking out to the garden I was hot with the smell of fresh roses. A light breeze danced around my skin keeping me cool. The sun was out and made the green grass look so vibrant. I knew this nice moment would be ruined as soon as I sat down at the table.

"Hello you two. I'm so glad you could make it." Our Alpha stands up from the glass table. His head almost hits against the connected umbrella that was shading the table. He uses his hand to gesture for us to sit. "Come join us. Lunch was just served."

I scan the table to find a seat. There was a seat between Kevin and James and another across next to the alphas wife.

"Teresa, come sit next to me. I need your opinion on something." Carol, the alphas wife speaks. My mother agrees and heads over to sit with her. I mentally curse, knowing that I had to sit next to James. Perhaps I'll get to dump the pitcher of water over his head this time. I trudge over to the open seat.

"Looking hot as always Kendall." James leaned over and whispered against my ear. I shutter uncomfortably and scoot my chair closer to Kevin.

"Don't you know what personal space is," I hiss quietly. "Stay out of mine." He chuckles lightly.

"Listen babe, I know you're still mad about yesterday but you shouldn't put distance between us." He tries to growl seductively and it makes me want to throw up.

I was about to make a comment when I felt a light tap on my shoulder. "I made your plate for you." Kevin smiles as he hands me a plate filled with ham, bread, salad, and strawberry jam. It looked amazing.

"Thank you," I smile. I take the plate form his hands and place it in front of me. It wasn't long before I began to devour my meal.

Kevin was a really sweet guy. He had always been since we were kids. Since we are only a few months apart in age we get along rather well. Thankfully he was nothing like his older brother. I respected Kevin but I couldn't say the same for James.