Chapter 14: Mistakes

The strong cold New York breeze blows cool air against my body, making me shiver in only my tank top and sweat pants. Harry and I were supposed to be sleeping by now, but he refused to sleep and annoy me until I woke up. I groan, rubbing both hands over my arms causing warmth.

    “Harry,” I whine babyishly, “I want to go back inside and sleep. I’m tired, I’m cold, and I feel cranky.” Harry laughs, not giving a single care in the world. I sigh, and stand by his side. He wraps both arms around me, pulling me closer to his embrace. I nuzzle my head against his warm chest, closing my eyes shut. Car honks and shoe clicks are heard as we watch from up above the penthouse.

    “Are we supposed to be here?” I question him.

    He’s silent for a couple seconds. I lift my head away from his chest and shoot him a stern look. “No.”

    I slip away from his embrace fearing that we could be caught up here any second. I walk towards the door, turning the knob and glance around just to see if he was coming after me. Turns out, he’s lifting himself over the fence to see more of the view. My heart pace fastens as I shut the door and run after him.

    “What the hell are you doing? Are you trying to kill yourself, Styles?” I yell at him furiously. He laughs, shaking his head. I look at him with disbelief. I don’t know if he secretly snuck out to drink a few pints and came back drunk as an idiotic guy laughing at me every time I try to speak to him. I hate it when he does this to me.

    “Come here, Rosie. It’s a really nice view though!” He pleads like a sad puppy. I take a large gulp, shaking my head. I cross my arms over my chest way past annoyed.

    “It’s good to hear that you have an amazing view over there, but I just don’t want you to slip and fall down a thousand feet. Please swing yourself back here so I can go to sleep.” Harry laughs again.

    Harry swings his legs back on the cement. He swipes his brown curls away from his forehead and smiles innocently. He takes off his purple Jack Will’s sweater and slips it around my shoulders. I roll my eyes, taking it off and dropping it on the cold cement. He frowns, picking it back up.

    He places a finger on my chin lifting it up. “I’m sorry, Rosie. And I know I wouldn’t fall since Niall and I do this all the time when we’re staying in a hotel. Your body’s cold. Please wear it.” I take the thin material out of his hands and slip on his sweater.

    “I need to have a talk with you and Niall about that then. I was just scared that you would lean in and slip off the fence. I love you.” Harry slightly smiles, dimples appearing. He leans in planting a sweet kiss on my lips.

    “I love you too. Now we can go to bed!” Harry cheers excitedly.

    Leigh’s head is turned away from as she gawks out the airplane window. I exhale a breath, twiddling around with my fingers from nervousness. Just a few more hours and we’ll finally be in our hometown, London.

    Presenting the award with Max was alright. When I was little, my dad would always put on some awards show and I would sit down on the floor watching it with him. I always wondered what it was like to attend a casual event like that. Now that I have, it feels breathtaking to distinguish celebrity’s gowns and suits. Also, walking across the red carpet with reporters capturing your every move is a delightful feeling as well.

    Ever since I told Leigh of what I’ve done, she has been ignoring me ever since we arrived at the airport. Not even a word or glance from her since this whole flight. I honestly don’t know what I did wrong. I mean, we did use protection and it was a one night stand. We were both drunk and didn’t know what we doing. Hell, I don’t even know how Max got me to drink alcohol.