Chapter 6: Stay Away

My heart shatters to pieces. Confusion erupts me. His lips are moving as he tries to explain himself. I try so hard to block his voice and turn off reality. My eyes shut tightly as I start to regret everything. Admitting that I've missed him and loved him was just my head playing games with me. He tightly grips on my arm, pulling me back close to his chest in case of swimming away. I let him pull me as his eyes are filled with sorrow and regret.

    “Do you know what you’re doing, Harry?” I question him. His wet lips purse together. He, himself doesn't know what he got into. I glance over at rest of boys to see them having the time of their lives. I'm glad Leigh having fun with Louis. They're getting along quite well.

    “Look, Rosie. This girl isn't really my girlfriend since we're forced to be together for publicity, but I'm scared that if the paparazzi's caught we kissing together then that would be bad for my publicity. It might have even helped her make her new song for the future.” Harry explains. I roll my eyes, not buying any of his words.

    “I don't understand anything what you just said. You tell me you miss me and stuff, then you kiss me ten minutes later and start regretting everything. Leigh was right. Our relationship is a mistake.” I swiftly swim away from Harry. I wipe off the water from my body, jogging over to Leigh. Tears start to build up in my eyes. This boy is like a roller coaster. He could make you feel happy, smiley, giggly, then a minute later you just feel like you want to stab him a million times.

    Leigh turns around with pure happiness. She has a bright smile plastered on her face. I haven't seen her smile like that in a long time. She hasn't been in a serious relationship with anyone who could make her smile and laugh like this. It amuses me to see her laughing and smiling every so often.

    “You left, Harry?” Louis asks. I glance back at see him floating in the water.

    “Yeah, pretty much. I didn't feel like staying in the water too long. Leigh, can I talk to you for a second?” Leigh furrows her eyebrows together from confusion. She nods her head as we walk across the beach and find a secret cave nearby. I sit on the cold concrete silently.

    Leigh sits next to me. “Is everything alright with Harry? I can't believe I'm telling you this, but I actually approve of him. Louis told me so many things about him, and I got to say, Rosie. He's the sweetest boy on earth. You looked a bit sad earlier when you were walking towards me. Are you alright?” Leigh arches an eyebrow as she gently pats my back.

    Telling Leigh that Harry kissed me and told me that he had a boyfriend would make her storm out and yell at him. I'm afraid that she'll loose her happiness and just go back to her normal sarcastic self. I shut my eyes, taking a deep breath and nod.

    “Everything is going great with us. I'm glad you finally approve of him, babe.” I force myself to smile. She smiles widely, rising up from the concrete and walks away happily. I'm happy for Leigh that she finally found a guy that can keep her on her toes and smiling. I just don't want to kill that happiness and brightness of hers just yet.

    “Aye!” an Irish voice greets. My head tilts up to the appearance of Niall. His braces are off his teeth, showing those straight glowing pearly whites. His arms flex as he positions his arms behind his head. He walks inside the cave and sits down next to me.