Chapter 3: Coffee Shop

“Are you stupid, Rosie?” yelled Leigh, at the other side of the bedroom. My nose crinkles up as my press powder accidentally gets in my nose. Leigh stumbles over to my chair and sticks her tongue out. I giggle, laughing at her humor personality. Leigh has been my best friend through everything. Though she isn't famous, she'll always be the person by my side through thick and thin.

    After applying a thin streak of liquid eyeliner, I smile slightly at my reflection to check if there aren't any lip stick stains on teeth. Last time I went out in public and had red marks of lip stick over my teeth. Every time I would talk to Leigh, she would burst out laughing like crazy drawing attention to us. People would give us a weird stare which causes Leigh to sound like a clapping whale on drugs.

    I shrug my shoulders, “What's so bad seeing Harry?” I question her. Leigh sighs dramatically, and sits on the edge of my bed bouncing up and down like a little child. Right now, I'm babysitting a complete nineteen year old who acts like a five year old. Leigh grins as she sees my annoyed and pissed outlook.

    “I'm just scared he's going to hurt you again like he did two fucking years ago, dear. I'm telling you the truth straight up front that I don't trust him. I didn't even approve of him when you introduced him to me! What were you thinking, Rosie?” I harshly grab her shoulders and shake them.

    “Harry isn't going to hurt me for god sakes, Leigh! You don't even know him that well.” Leigh scoffs off and slams the door at her disappearance. I walk back to my makeup area and fix off my wavy brown hair. Honestly, I don't know why I'm taking my time trying to look representable. It is morning and we're having a warm cup of coffee to catch up on the past two years. If Harry shows up in a simple gray beanie and a pair of sweat pants, nothing has changed between him.

    I flatten down my floral blouse and white denim shorts. I slip into my white all-star Converse and head downstairs to meet up with Leigh once again. Leaving her alone in my house isn't the greatest idea, and having Leigh joining Harry's little meet up isn't the greatest idea either. She'll just sit there in the corner sliding her fingers away on her iPhone, and listening to our conversation. After the coffee and we head back home, she'll rant about all the things he did wrong. She's a great best friend isn't she?

    Leigh munches away on her potato chips while sitting down on the couch watching a Harry Potter film. I snatch the unhealthy chips away from her and toss it to the kitchen island counter. She groans, rolling her eyes and marches over to the kitchen to retrieve her chips. “Please don't make me cranky today. I'm hungry and your refrigerator is completely empty. Chips are the only food you have right now. If you want, just come listen to my tummy! It's growling like crazy. Kind of sounds like tiger roars to me.” Leigh points towards her tummy, once again eating away on the junk food.

    “Babe, those are bad food. They'll make you gain weight fast.” I snap my fingers together and grab my black purse. Leigh shrugs her shoulders, and resumes munching on the chips loudly.

    “I bet your health trainer told you that so you'll have a model body of some shit. I don't care what people tell me. It's a free country and I have the freedom to eat whatever damn I want! Aren't you going to be late to your date with Harry or something?” I giggle and sit next to her on the couch.

    “I do have a sexy body, I mean look at me. But you have fast metabolism so it doesn't matter to you now does it? And it isn't a date for the millionth time! Can you please come with me? It'll be so awkward talking to him alone.” I pout my bottom lip and sneak a chip in my mouth.