Chapter 10: Almost Kissed

I flatten out my white pencil skirt and simple blouse to perfection. I peek at Harry through the mirror. Harry sits on the edge of the bed feeling anxious. His hands are intertwined together. His foot is tapping on the hard wooden floored nervously. He bites his lip hard, hoping everything will run smoothly tonight.

   Tonight is the night when Harry meets my parents for the first time. My mum is sweet and supportive, but I fear that my dad won't approve of him. Dad is a bit more strict than my mum. Since I'm an only child, it will only be the four of us having an evening dinner.

   He buries his face with his hands and sighs. I walk over to him, gently placing my hands on his shoulder. He shakes his head. I push his curls away from his forehead and lean down to his eye level. His green orbs finally lock with mine. His lips slowly curve upwards.

   Don't be nervous, babe. I'm sure they'll love you since I love you.” I reassure him.

   I know, but I want everything to run smooth. I really want them to like me. I even bought red roses and placed them in a small vase downstairs for your mother!” Harry chuckles and tackles me into a hug. A giggle escapes my mouth. Mum will definitely love the roses. I'm sure Dad will approve of Harry for his charming and cheeky personality. Dad had the same personalities as Harry when he met mum.

   I softly plant a kiss on his cheek. I grab my side shoulder purse and downstairs. Harry carefully carries the flowers to the car. He starts up the engine and drives to my parents house. The car slows down as he parks it in front of the medium sized looking flat. We usher out of the car, walking up the long set of stairs and ring the doorbell.

   Rosie! Haven't seen you in such a long time, love!” Mum squeals excitedly. She wraps her arms around me, squeezing me tightly. I chuckle as we separate from the hug. I step aside and allow Harry to greet her. Harry gulps down his throat and smiles.

   Hello, Mrs. Evans. It's nice to meet you. I'm Harry,” Harry introduces. Mum smiles and glances down at the flowers in his hands. Dad suddenly walks over to Mum and studies Harry for a second. A curly haired boy with a charming smile is standing in front of him. A smile grows on dad's face. He approves.

   Nice to meet you, Harry! Please, don't call me Mrs. Evans. You may call me Dawn.” Harry smiles and hands her the vase. Mum rushes away and sets them on the dining room table.

   Hello, Harry. You can call me John. Why don't we have a chat in the living room while Rosie and Dawn prepare dinner, yeah?” Harry shakes his hand as they head over to the living room. I help mum set up the dinner plates and food. I could hear chuckles and laughter from the living room.

   I like him, Rosie. Looks like your father likes him too. They're getting along pretty well in the living room.” Mum peeks her head around the corner giggling about their conversation. The rest of the night was filled with smiles and laughter. Harry and Dad got along really well. Mum seemed to love him as much as I do. Dad talked to Harry about his past in high school. Such as being a 'bad ass' figure. I just prayed that he wouldn't talk about my child hood and embarrass me in front of Harry. Of course, what is the point of meeting the parents if they don't bring out baby the pictures. That's exactly what mum and dad went through.

   Leigh furrows her eyebrows together with stress and depression. She studies her mid knee dress like a hawk. Wanting her blonde hair curled in perfection; makeup clear and not smudged; nails perfectly painted and not chipped. She wants her first date with Louis to be perfect. But to me perfect isn't real. She simply wants to look presentable for him before he leaves for the tour. I'm surprised Harry hasn't called or sent me a text message yet. It kind of terrifies me.