Journeys

Almost there.Almost to the forest.

The ride reminded Jesse of the first one she had,on a journey to the Far Lands.This journey was to be much harder,the path filled with swamps and deserts as hot as the one she was in now.

The horse was a lovely chestnut colour.Of all the horses,the man had given Jesse the best one.In best shape.

The desert was really hot,though.Not that Jesse minded.Well,maybe she did,but as soon as she got to the forest,which was just up ahead,it would get cooler.

£(/(¥=¥¥/¥¥/¥3₩3₩99££"&'!!#!×+2×£#(#?? $₩99÷02

"YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!"

Petra spurred her horse as fast as it could go,leaping over a log.

"Slow down!"Lukas yelled.

"No way!"Petra yelled back."This is amazing!"

Her horse dodged the trees easily,what could happen?

"You'll wear your horse out,then we'll never catch up to her!"Olivia pointed out on top of her snow-white horse.

"We need to cover as much ground as we can before nightfall.There's no way Jesse will stay up late."Petra snapped,but slowed her horse down anyway so that she was level with Lukas.

"This is Reuben she's trying to bring back.We can't underestimate the situation."Axel pointed out on his black horse.

"Axel,is it just me,"Petra asked."Or are you turning into a smart ass at the moment?"

Axel turned his gaze to the trees beside him,obviously hurt.

"Harsh."Lukas shook his head.

"Not cool."Olivia glared at Petra.

"Ugh,"Petra groaned."I'm sorry Axel. It's just all this worry going to head!It's annoying.I'm sick of it!"

"Apology accepted."Axel grinned.

The forest flicked past in a blur of green and white,an endless two-colour rainbow.The green and white soon became darker.A jungle.

Day faded into night,and chicken clucks became zombie groans.