Amazing Phil and annoying Dan

A few days had passed. Grams was moved in and happy. The nurse pretty much lived with us. Although it wasn't the most glamorous life, grams was happy and that's what mattered most. I ran into Phil frequently and we always spent too much time talking. Dan hardly ever said a word to me and we both kept our distance.

The nurse and Grams were talking so I respectfully went to the main room and sat on my poor excuses for a couch. Phil texted me.

Phil: hey want 2 help me wit sometin?

Me: Sure what?

Phil: A vid

Me: k when?

Phil: wen u free?

Me: Now

Phil: Me 2. Com down?

Me: One sec.

I walked into Gram's room. "I'm going to go out but I'll be back in a bit." I said.

"Alright, have fun." Grams said.

"When do you need to go?" I asked the nurse.

She looked at her watch "Two hours?" she asked.

I nodded "I'll be back." I said.

She smiled and went back to work. I walked down the stairs and knocked on their door. Phil opened it and gave me a hug. I hugged him back. We walked into the house. Dan was sitting at the table on his phone. "Hey Dan." I said.

"Hi Scarlet." he said kindly but not looking up from his phone.

I rolled my eyes and looked at Phil. "We're doing the end of the video I told you about." Phil said.

Dan nodded "Cool." he said.

Phil smiled and we walked back to his room. He showed me the beginning of the video so I'd know what was going on. It was named "The Girl In The Lift."

It started with Phil saying "Hi guys, so I had the crazy encounter with... the girl in the lift. I was coming home from the store. I was all alone. I was standing, waiting for the lift, when SHE appeared. She followed me into the lift, she tossed what looked like a hundred bags on the floor of the lift. Her arms were covered in marks. I looked at her 'Can I help you?' I asked." the video switches to him dresses as a girl "Y-you don't have to.' she said." he said. He then switched to himself looking heroic "I will carry them! She then took me to her room. THEN SHE DISAPPEARED... FOREVER." he said and the video ended.

"I want you to pop up at the end and say 'no I didn't'" he told me.

I chucked "Alright." I agreed.

He set the camera up and I sat on the floor next to his bed. I jumped up "No I didn't." I said.

Phil looked at me and then the camera. "Where did you come from?" he asked.

He then stopped the recording and we watched it, it turne out perfect. We then sat next to each other on his bed and he did then ending. "This is Scarlet, she's not really a disappearing she demon. She's just American." he said in his American accent. "Today's draw Phil naked is." and we ended the video.

He then looked at me "Thank you, that's going to be awesome." he said.

I smiled "No problem." I said. I laid down on his bed.

He laid down next to me and rolled onto his side. "How's grams doing?" he asked.

I didn't exactly know what to say. I hadn't talked to anyone about the situation I didn't know if we were close enough to talk about anything deep but he was the only friend I had in England. I sighed "I don't think she's doing real well." I said. "It seems like she's been going down hill even faster now that she's out of the hospital. I don't know if I'm doing my job right and I really don't want to be the only family here when she dies." my eyes were begging to fill with tears so I blinked a few times hoping to dry them out, but still one tear escaped and trickled down my cheek.