Chapter 20

Recap...

"I knew that we could do it babe." Farooq says smiling at me mischievously. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do if Farooq is mystery man because I know that the only thing that I would most likely do is cry myself a river.

"First of all, I'm not your babe, and second of all you just stood around doing nothing!" As I yell at him, I am grateful that the rest of the class is super loud right now because I am pretty sure that I would be in a lot of trouble if our teacher heard what I said. I personally don't like raising my voice but he just doesn't get it.

"You will be soon." He says winking at me and going to his group of friends before I could come up with a remark. I knew that even if I did, he wouldn't be able to hear me over the loud noise of the students in the classroom.

Our teacher has a couple of students hand out to everyone a couple of cookies that we made and the hot cocoa that she made. I spend the rest of the class eating the cookies and drinking the cocoa in silence because it sure sounded like to me that Farooq was mystery man, and that ladies and gentleman didn't seem like good news to me.

A couple of minutes later, our teachers hands out a gift basket to everyone from my group. The basket it self is woven and inside it is a mug, some hot cocoa packets, chocolates, and a stationery set with an elegant lid pencil and pen in it.

The boys in my group, including Farooq thought that the gift was too unmanly and gave it to some girl in our class. Farooq gave me his basket even though I already had one. When I told him kindly that I didn't want it, he said that he didn't want to hear it.

When the bell rang signalling the end of the day, I took a sigh of relief that finally the day was over. It made me extremely happy to know that all the drama that happened today at school, wouldn't have to be faced by me for another two weeks.

Chapter 20

As I say Allah Fiz to Saafiya and Umme, I feel like something fishy is going on. As soon as I enter the house, it seems like there is chaos going on in here. There are clothes and suitcases everywhere. Not suitcases of Hamza's family only, but also my family's.

"Layla habibti, Auntie Lubna's family and ours decided to book a last minute flight to Dubai. We booked first class, and it is at 5:00 at night, so I suggest that you start packing as well." My mom says in a hurry.

"Wait, really mom?" I ask her surprised because this all seems so sudden.

"Do I look like I'm joking?" She asks me looking around and I nod my head no.

"Pack a couple of dresses as well because we're staying there for a total of two weeks. Bring your notes along with you as well so you could study in your free time."

"Yes! Thank you so much mom!" I say and go up to hug her.

"Now go upstairs and quickly start packing. Remember to have the weight under 26 kilograms." She says.

I go upstairs and take out the two luggage spinners out from the storage room. I cough as I see the amount of dust that's accumulated on top of the bags and wipe it away with a wet washcloth.

I decide to pack 3 maxi dresses, 2 harem pants, 2 maxi skirts, 10 tops, 4 cardigans, 3 pyjama sets, 2 towels, 2 hoodies, 2 sweatpants, and 2 bags. I also put in a swimming suit that us hijabis can wear because we're going to Dubai where there are so many waterparks.

I also pack all of my toiletries, socks, undergarments, my hijabs, my hijab pins, notes, and jewelry. I keep my shampoo, conditioner, sandals, flip flops, running shoes, and body wash in separate plastic bags and place them in the spinners as well.

"Layla, Hamza! The pizza has arrived!" Auntie Lubna calls us down. Both Hamza and I get out of rooms at the same time and I can tell that we both are sweating buckets right now.

"So we decided to order pizza because no one wants to cook anything." My mom tells us, as we each get a couple of slices of pizza and for the first time, I actually finish three pizza slices because of how hungry I am.

"I'm so excited to go to Dubai." I tell Hamza as we go upstairs.

"I can tell." He says with a laugh.

"So are you done packing?" I ask him.

"Almost." He says.

"Same here." I tell him.

After a couple of minutes of chit-chat, I go back to my bedroom and start packing my carry-on. I decide to pack an emergency outfit, lotion, face cleanser, moisturizer, a travel size tissue packet, lip balm, deodorant, Band-Aids, and a hairbrush. I also put $200 inside the bag just in case.

Once I check over all my bags to make sure that I didn't forget anything, I decided to look at the clock in my room. When I read 11:46, I know that I should go to sleep because our flight is at 5 am, which obviously means that we'll be up earlier than that.

I change into my pyjamas and go to sleep after reading Isha namaz, and all the Duas and Surahs that I usually read before going to bed.

-------

AN: So I have finished uploading the big Chapter 20. I honestly wouldn't have gotten this far without all of my dedicated voters, readers, and especially to all of you that comment or DM me. I am EXTREMELY SORRY that this is so short but you see I have my exams this week and also next week, so I'm in a complete worry mode right now.

I have finished most of Chapter 21, but you see it is going to be extremely long so to all of my readers that are groaning right now since I only wrote two pages...there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I started writing this chapter with 2.9k reads, 194 votes, 104 comments, and  #151 on Spiritual. But as I publish this chapter, I'm at 3.7k, 269 votes, and 125 comments. Which means that I have gotten 800 views, 75 votes, and 21 comments!!!!!!!!!! Jaza Kallah Khair to all my readers so much for your interest in my book to this far off in the novel.

I am also very happy to announce that I have written 81 PAGES of this novel so far and honestly without all of your interest and dedication... I wouldn't have gotten this far. In Sha Allah, I'll have it in me to not give up on this book and have all my readers take a meaningful message out of this book.

I was going to combine this chapter with my next one but I don't think it's fair that you guys will have to wait until I'm done my exams to receive the next chapter (even if it is extremely long). Also this chapter will be a filler chapter for the next chapter since I have lots of juicy surprises in store for you guys.

--

Hadith of the Chapter: Those who are nearest to God are they who are first to give a salutation (Salaam). (Tirmidhi)

--

Next Update (will be at least 2000 words): January 31st (I have exams so that's the reason for the next update being extremely late).

I'll have an update by this date In Sha Allah, but also remember that I may have it updated earlier as I am done half the chapter already.

--

Goal for this Chapter: 4.4K READS, 20 VOTES, AND 24 COMMENTS (REMEMBER VOTING, AN COMMENTING MEANS SO MUCH TO ME!!!)

--

Remember to...

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE (VIA PINTREST/FACEBOOK/TWITTER/with your FRIENDS and etc. :))

--

NOT EDITED