Llama and Lion

It was raining as I was trying to pull my over filled suitcase up the many stairs of my new home. I unlocked the door, my home was empty and I didn't have much to fill it with. "Home sweet home." I sarcastically thought to myself. It had been ages since I had slept. I pulled out my one blanket and travel sized pillow from my bag and laid them out onto the floor. I curled up under them trying to get warm. My dream land began to fill my eyes. A warm place, with golden trees and flowing rivers.

I quickly opened my eyes feeling spooked. I didn't remember anything going wrong in my dream so I sat up and looked around the room. I had only been asleep for about 15mins but I felt slightly better. Something made a loud noise as it hit my floor from below. I sighed "Of course the people below me would have children." I thought. I stood up and decided to look around the rest of the apartment or "flat" as the landlord called it.

It was a good sized place, it almost felt too big for just one person. I drug my suit case to the bedroom on the left side of the hall. I pulled out a long sweater and pair of leggings. I quickly changed, pulled my hair up in a bun, and fixed the make up I still had on. I opened my last protein bar and began to munch on it. The place was so quiet I could hear guys voices coming from below and up through the floor. I lightly chuckled as they both started laughing loudly. "I'm a creeper." I said out loud trying to break my own silence.

I decided it was time to find the hospital where my grandma was staying, it could take me a while. I typed into my phone the address and it quickly found it. I filled my purse with what I would need for the day and headed out. I walked out and locked the door behind me. I took the stairs because of my fear of elevators. I darted down quickly. I heard the door to the stairwell open. "I'll use the stairs, they're better than the lift." one guy said.

"Fine, we'll take the stairs." another one said.

I continued walking until I saw the two guys, they both had dark fringes and were quite a bit taller than me. They both stopped and looked at me awkwardly. I quickly darted past hating how awkward I was around people. I got outside where the weather seemed almost misty. I held tight to my purse as I walked down the streets of the city. I looked to the ground most of the time hoping that I wouldn't be spoken to. "Could you spare some change?" a homeless man asked.

I looked down at him "Sorry I don't have any." I said, being honest. I only had American change which I knew would be useless to him.

"Ah American. You should be here, aren't you always looking for change?" he asked as he bursted into laughter.

I lightly chuckled. "Sure, I guess." I said.

He quickly stopped laughing "Well you can take it back to that fat country of yours. We're happy with our queen." he said and then began to chant "For the queen, for the queen."

I turned and quickly walked away. He continued chanting until I turned a corner and couldn't see him anymore. I tried to clear my head and get to the hospital as quickly as I could.

When I got to the hospital I asked the woman at the front counter what room my grandmother was in. She sent me up to the room. I walked in, she was still asleep. I sat down in a chair and quickly drifted off to sleep with her.

I woke up to her yelling "You're a terrible player, how did you even get on the football team? You're rubbish." she yelled at the television.

I sat up and looked at the screen and then over to her. "Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you. It's just these kids these days don't know how to play a good game of football."

I chuckled "Soccer." I jokingly said.

"Use your English girl. I don't do well with other languages." she said back with a chuckle.