People, Part 2: My Friends

[Oh, this is so much fun. I got over 3,000 words AGAIN! Although I've noticed that more than a third of it is taken up by a certain boy…crap, I'm still not over him yet…I'm not sure if I even want to be. Again, please don't tell anyone I actually know about this, although this is actually much less discriminating than the last one I did on my family. Just to let you know, I think I'll be doing another chapter on my classmates, although there are 34 of them excluding me. It'll be a great way to vent my frustration, I suppose. Too bad this is significantly less funny than the one on my family. They really are weird, now that I look at it.]

People in my life-Schoolmates in other classes

Friends

Alice Hong

History: My best friend since primary five. We were in the same class in grades 5 and 6, along with Martin and Tiffany. For the two years that we were in the same class, we did almost every single project for school together, and I went to her house a lot. Still do, as a matter of fact.

She is in class 912, which is, unfortunately, three floors above my class and in another block to boot. She was ostracized in her class since the eighth grade, or bullied, whichever you prefer, because a girl in her class really hated her and got a lot of people against her. While conditions have improved, and no one currently hates her, she still hates seeing anyone from her class. She's been clinically diagnosed with anxiety, and just recently (November 2010) caused me, Yvonne, and Christopher to go out of our minds with worry by trying to run away and exhibiting a marked disinterest in living. She's much better now, almost back to normal, but she doesn't go to her class now anymore. She spends all day by herself in the library. While I am ecstatic that I get to see her a lot more, I'm still worried because she's missing all her classes. Ah, and she is probably going to go abroad for high school, if she can get into a school there (which I doubt). Otherwise, she plans to go to a business school because the required marks are lower. She says that she cannot get up the will to study at all nowadays. See what I'm worried about?

For some reason, she has had at least two boys that liked her (who admitted it to her face, at any rate), and we all know that Martin liked her in grade 6, although he was too much of a coward to say it to her. For a full account of her love life, see the entry for 29 Jan 2011.

She has a younger brother in grade six, and lives in a penthouse apartment near the school with her mom and her brother. Her dad doesn't live with them for work reasons; he's a plastic surgeon, I think (although why that makes him unable to live with them is beyond me. Irregular hours, perhaps?). And her mom's a lawyer, so their family is quite well off.

Description: A bit short of 150cm in height, average to thin in size. Has long-ish dark brown hair, not black (like most of us), and brown eyes. For some strange reason, she doesn't look much like anyone in her family. She looks just slightlyCaucasian, or at any rate, not fully Oriental. Of course, she's quite pretty.

Personality: Hmm, this is hard to say. Let's see….from my point of view, I think she's pretty stubborn and opinionated, but that is not always a bad thing. Once she's made her mind up, however, reasoning with her will only work once in a blue moon. Of course, she's still an inherently good person, you know, nice and kind and all of that. A bit like myself. Argh! I'm no good at sizing up people's personalities.

Yvonne Chen

History: Alice and I met her during the science camp that our school had in the summer of 2008 (before we were 7th graders). We hit it off immediately although, because her class, 710, was not near ours, we weren't so close then. It changed when classes 910, 911, and 912 all got on the fifth floor in the 9th grade. She started hanging out with Alice more. Then Alice got it into her head to run away from home. She called Yvonne first, who, of course, was worried. I only found out later, because I wasn't at home when she called. Yvonne called me and Christopher, and we ended up having the adventures in my first entry. After that, I decided to go look for Alice more often, and I'd trudge all the way from my class to the fifth floor to eat lunch with Yvonne, Alice, and later, Jenny.