Thirteen

Minji

Myungsoo sent me back in our house. He carried me up in my room but instead of using the stairs inside, we went inside using the window. Aunt Isabelle might see us and I don't want to cause any commotion especially now that I am in a good mood.

He carefully put me down and now my feet are on the wooden floor of my room. I faced him and he immediately held my hand. "Can you stay?" I ask and he gave me a warm smile.

"I'd love to but I can't. I need to haunt," he explains. He leans his forehead on mine which he does a lot and I like it. "Sleep tight and don't remove the charm necklace I gave you," he said and kisses my forehead. I am about to ask him why but he's already gone. I sighed heavily and close the window.

After Myungsoo left, I decided to change to my sleeping clothes. I lay down on my bed and touch the charm necklace around my neck. In no time, I fell asleep with a smile plastered on my face.

Myungsoo

Hunting is just my alibi. I immediately left Minji's house because I sensed that someone's been following us since we left my tree house.

I went back to the woods. I need to know who or what it is. I need to know why is it following us. I need to know what it wants. With my super speed, I searched the woods and deep in it I saw a familiar silhouette of a man but as soon as he realized that I noticed him, he went away. By his speed, I know that he's immortal too.

I immediately follow him, making sure that he won't get away. Why the hell is he following us?

As i got near him, I grab his shirt and threw him but before he could go far with my throw, I slam my palm on his chest and his back hit a huge tree.

"I'm not here to fight," he immediately said before I could even do something to him.

"Chanyeol?" I said as I recognize him. "What are you doing here?"

"It's been a while, friend," he smirks. I held the collar of his shirt and pined him harder on the tree which caused the tree to have a cracking sound.

"What do you want?" I ask, my voice ice cold.

His smile vanished. "I came here to warn you."

"About what?"

"He's coming after her," he warns.

"He? Who's he?"

"The creature you think you killed a long time ago. He's back and he's been watching her," he's very serious. I've never seen him this serious before.

My whole body went numb. I'm most certain that I killed him. I saw him dead. I killed him! I stare in his Opal eyes, searching for any sign that can tell me he's lying.

"It seems like you don't believe me," he said.

"Who would believe someone who only knows betrayal and revenge?!" I barked and let go of him a little too roughly.

"If you really have feelings for that human then you have to believe me. Read by mind if you want to! I won't block my thoughts," he imposed. He is the only vampire in our group who I cannot read what's going on in his mind. He has this ability of blocking me to enter his mind.

I do what he said and I read that he is telling the truth. I also saw in his mind that he met the creature. "I see you have already talked to the creature," I mocked. "I can sense some alliance."

"Think what you want to think but it's not what it is," he said and looks at me straight in the eyes.

"Then what is it?"

"I can't tell you now," he said and I sensed nervousness in his voice.

"If you want me to believe you then why not tell me now?" I insisted.

"I took an oath, Myungsoo. You know the drill if a vampire took an oath!" He hissed.

"Why the hell did you take the oath, Chanyeol?! You know we don't do that anymore!" I raised my voice. Taking an oath is just like killing yourself. Once a vampire violated the oath, we'll turn into ashes and will be gone forever!

"He promised to bring my sister back!" He raised his voice as well. "And I can't say no to that," he whispered after. He steps forward and seriously look at me.

"Protect her. He wants her alive," he added.

"He has to go through me first," I clenched my jaw. Imagining Minji away from me is like taking my life from me too.

"He's stronger now, Myungsoo. He's stronger than you can imagine," he warns me. He is about to go when I spoke.

"Why are you telling all of this to me? Why are you helping us?" I ask.

"Let's just say that it is my way of saying sorry to everything that I've done in the past," he said before he's gone.

Minji

I woke up feeling like someone is watching me. I slowly open my eyes and saw Myungsoo staring at me. He is sitting at the edge of my bed.

"Hey," he smiles and leans down to kiss my forehead.

"How long have you been watching me?" I ask as I sat up.

"Before the dawn breaks."

"That long? Did you even sleep?" I worriedly said as I touch his cheek. He took my hand and kissed it.

"I love watching you sleep," he smiles again. He pulls me closer and I lean my head on his shoulder, burying my face on his neck. "It's weekend and I want to stay with you for the whole day but I can't," he whispers and kiss my hair after.

I look at his face and crease my eyebrows. "Why?"

He cups my cheek and smiles. "It will be sunny today and I can't be out."

"Will you burn if you'll be exposed to sunlight?" I curiously ask. He laughs at what I said. He stood up and walks to the window. He opens it and the sunlight hits his skin. His skin turned into gold and his eyes turned to red.

"This happens whenever I'm exposed to sunlight," he said like he's ashamed of himself. I got out of my bed and walked towards him. "As much as I want to go out and have fun under the sun, I can't. They might be afraid of me. I might frighten them," he said as he looked down his feet.

I cup his cheeks and lift his head to level his eyes on me. I want him to look at me at what I'm going to say. "I'm not afraid of you. You're perfect."

He smiles and held my hand which is on his cheek. He held my waist and pulls me closer. His ice cold hands cup my neck and his lips touch mine and I'm completely lost. Why does this man has such an effect on me?

"You know, we can just stay here," I whisper as I lean my head on his chest. "It's okay with me."

I heard him chuckle. "Well it isn't for me. You need sunlight. You need to go out." He held my shoulder and looks at me straight in the eyes. "Besides, I need to take of something."

I pout and he laughs. "Don't do that, babe. I might not be able to restrain myself." He held my cheek. "Go out with Isabelle. I'm sure that it's been a while since you two had fun with each others company," he suggested.

I smile at the thought. He's right, it's been a while. "Will I see you later?"

"Definitely," he said and kisses my forehead before he's gone.