Twenty Five

Minji

I asked Mika to cover up for me for my Literature class. I skipped classes today to go see a doctor. Of course I didn't tell it to Myungsoo so I asked Mika to cover up for me from Myungsoo too in case he'll ask. Mika asked me several times on why should she cover up for me but I refused to answer her.

I heaved a sigh before knocking on the cardiologist doctor's office. I turn the knob of the door after three knocks.

"Good morning, doctor," I said as I peek inside the office.

"Are you Ms Song?" The doctor asked as he fixed his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

"Yes, I am. I am here for the scheduled check-up that I called yesterday," I clarify.

"Ah, yes! Please come in," he politely said. I went inside his office and sat on the chair in front of his table.

"What can I do for you, Ms Song?" He asked as he stares at me.

"Please, doctor, just call me Minji," I smile at him.

"Alright," he chuckles. "What can I do for you, Minji?"

"I've been experiencing chest pains again lately and my appetite is gradually diminishing," I started.

"Loosing appetite, you say. Do you have any medications?"

"Yes, I have, doctor, but I'm not taking them," I honestly said. I hate taking medications. I hate my life before and that is another reason why I don't take them.

"Since when did you learn that you have aneurysm?" He asked as he creased his eyebrows.

"Since I was a kid. When I was in the fifth grade to be exact," I informed him.

"That long? And you are not taking medications?"

"I took them before, doctor, but only for two years. I stopped taking them when I learned about my parents' problem," I said and he nodded, like he understood what I felt that time.

"Let me check your heartbeat," he stood up and readied his stethoscope. He lets me breathe slowly for him to check my heart beat properly. After several instructions, he went back to his seat and I can't distinguish the look on his face.

"To tell you honestly, the beat of your heart is not normal. It is slower compared to the average heartbeat. For us to make everything sure, you should have a thorough check up," he said and writes something on a chart. "Are you free today?"

Even though I'm scared on what's going to happen, I decided to do it now. "Yes, doctor. I'm free today," I nodded. As I stood up, I felt my phone buzz. I got it from my pocket and saw Myungsoo on the caller id. I stared at my phone for a while until I heard the doctor's voice.

"Aren't you going to answer it?" He asks. I turned my phone off and put it inside my bag.

"How long will my thorough check up take?" I ask instead.

"Don't worry, it will not be long. Are you nervous?" He gave me a warm smile.

"If I am still the me before I would say that I am not for I am not afraid of dying... I'm scared doctor. I'm not just scared, I'm scared to death," I told him with a forced smile.

The doctor sighed and took his glasses off. "Be strong. You'll overcome this," he said like he's so assured that everything's alright.

He guided me in a room where I'll have my thorough check up. They attached a lot of devices on me and they let me lie down on a huge body scanner after which they call CT Scan.

His Frozen Heartजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें