"Do you need the directions to my house?" I asked him once we started driving down back towards my school.

He shook his head. I just nodded my head in a reply and looked out the window. Cars sped past us on the motorway. I looked at the speed that Ethan was driving at.

"Isn't 80mph a bit too fast?" I asked.

He shook his head.

Hmm something's up.

"Ethan?" No reply. "Ethan?"

He glanced at me before looking back at the road. He knows something. Well he knows a lot of things but he knows something about this journey or what's going to happen when I get home.

"Ethan what are you not telling me?" No reply. Not even a glance. Well I'm just going to close my eyes till I get home knowing that I'm just going to get frustrated and Ethan isn't going to tell me anything. Oh look I'm getting to know him better.

Soon enough, the car engine turned off which made my eyes flutter open. Ethan smiled one of his amazing smiles before getting out of the car. Before I could touch the handle on the car to open the door, my door is pulled open and Ethan is standing there holding the door open for me. I looked around thinking I was home. But I couldn't see my house or my parents' cars or any of the neighbours' kids playing around.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"On our date." Replied Ethan.

Damn it.

"Well aren't you the sneaky one." I stated.

He smirked at me. Damn that smirk too.

"Oh and Rachael don't try to get out of this I've got everything planned for our amazing first date."

Damn it again. I've only known him for five minutes and he already knows what I was planning to do.

I sighed and followed Ethan hesitantly.

Ethan noticed this.
I wonder if he sensed it or something through this soulmate stuff.

"Baby girl are you okay?" He asked.

Baby girl. Did he just call me that?

Damn that made my knees go weak but I'm not telling him that anytime soon.

"Err I'm just... Err I'm not sure if you're going to like the date and all." I replied finally having the courage to say it.

I'm starting to confuse myself I mean when have I been scared to say what I mean? Ethan chuckled. Is that a good sign or a bad sign.

"Rach you don't have to worry about me. I want to know all about you. Your likes, dislikes, what makes you happy and sad and more. I might not seem like the kind of guy to do something like that and I know you know about the reputation I have at school but it doesn't mean that's the real me. Well it is I guess. Jeez I'm messing this up aren't I?"

"How about we go inside and have some fun. Take a risk." I said.

Ethan nodded his head and we started to walk towards the restaurant doors.

"Reservations for two please under the name Harley" said Ethan to the guy at the door.

"Ah Ethan your back again huh and oh you've brought a pretty girl with you as well. Is she another one of your hook ups that you talk about but never bring to meet me?" The guy at the door asked.

Ethan growled in response as if what the guy said angered him. "She's mine and no she's not one of my hook ups."

"Sorry man I didn't know" said the guy.

"It's alright just be careful about what comes out that mouth of yours" said Ethan.
The guy bowed his head in apology. "Oh and Joe can you get the chef's choice out to our table and 2 lemonades one with ice and the other without to our table please I'm just going to show my girlfriend that surprise I've been working on these past couple of months" said Ethan.

Girlfriend. I though. Are my feelings towards Ethan that transparent?

"Right away" replied Joe.

"What's the thing you've been working on and how did you know I liked my lemonade without ice?" I asked Ethan once we were alone again.

"Be patient babe and don't you think it's bad to take your girlfriend out on a date but not know her preferred drink?" Question Ethan.

"Yeah I guess. Wait girlfriend? Who said I wanted to be your girlfriend?" I asked but I know I was lying to myself.
I mean come on he knows the drink you wanted and even has a surprise for you.

However the look on his face was priceless. He looked so shocked and tense. I took his hand in mine and he instantly relaxed. Good. I have the same effect on him that he has on me.

"I'm kidding Ethan don't worry. Now onto the surprise" I said.

//////////////////////////
Okay so this story has escalated quickly but I thought that if i got the small stuff out of the way in the next chapters I can get more drama into the story.
I hope this chapter made sense and I won't be editing till the book is finished so mind my mistakes.
This is update 1/2 which I promised by New Years. The next one will either be before 2016 or just a few minutes after.
Thanks for reading