8

I pull my car into my Dad's driveway. I step out of the car and make my way to the house. I open the door and step inside the three story mansion my parents own.

The house is clean and everything is put away where they belong. The lights are free of dust and the stairs have been polished.

Dad walks over. "I need Jaime and you in the living room right now."

My sister runs down the stairs. She kisses him on the cheek. "Hey, Daddy. Are we going to start the family meeting?"

Dad nods.

I follow Jaime and Dad into the living room.

Dad looks at me. "I've been talking with Mr Collins and he's decided that Jaime will be the better fit for his son. You can marry Sven now, Jaycee. I hope you'll be happy with your fiancé."

They can't do this to me. I want to marry Zeke.

I have tears in my eyes and then they start to fall. I wipe them away and sniffle.

Dad looks at me. "I thought this is what you wanted?"

I rise and hug Dad as I whisper. "Sven and I broke up. He cheated on me."

Dad shakes his head. "I'm sorry." He looks at Jaime and then at me. "Jaycee, I need you to pack your bags. I'm sending you off to the cabin. You can't come back until Christmas. Your sister is going to need your support when she marries, Zeke. I need your phone, computer and all electronic devices that you may use to get in touch with the outside world. I don't want you to ruin things for your sister."

He's mine. I intend to get him either way.

Mum crosses her arms. "I'm sorry about Sven and you. He lost out on an incredible woman."

"She's not that incredible. Not, even Zeke's father wants her to marry him." Jaime turns to Dad. "Daddy, I'm going upstairs to get ready for my date with Zeke." She waves at me. "Have fun in the cabin in the woods. I heard there's rats, spiders and a ghost to keep you company."

Jaime runs up the stairs and she slams the bedroom door.

I wrap my arms around my stomach. "Dad, why did you change your mind about marrying me off?"

He sighs. "You told me from the beginning you didn't want to get married. Then over the weekend I was trying to get in touch with you and you never answered your phone."

I look at the ground. "My phone was at home. I spent Friday and Saturday night at a friends as I was drinking both nights and that friend didn't want me to drive home. Is there any way that you can get Zeke's father to change his mind?"

Dad shakes his head. "I'm sorry. He spoke to Jaime and she has the qualities that he wants in a woman for his son. He wants Grandkids right away and your sister has stopped taking the pill so she can fall pregnant to him on their honeymoon night."

I touch my flat stomach.

What would happen if I'm the one carrying his heir? Would he leave my sister for me? Would he sleep with my sister, even though he spent two nights with me.

Dad walks over to me and he extends his hand. "I need your phone and tablet."

I give him the phone and the tablet. "I was coming around to the idea of marrying, Zeke." I whispered.

Dad looks at me. "I'm sorry, kiddo."

I stomp up the stairs to my bedroom and I slam the door. I look around my lavender room at all the trophies I got for gymnastic and cheerleading. I pick up the bunny that lies on my bed. "Hello, Buggsy." I hug the stuffed toy.

I hate them.

I throw things into the overnight bag. I open the top draw and pull out my second phone and stick it at the bottom of the bag.

I exit my room as Jaime exits hers. Jaime has a green facemask on. "Wish me luck on the date tonight?"

I smirk. "Nah, I wish karma to ruin your date." I blow her a kiss. "Have fun tonight." I exit the house with Dad behind me.

Dad places a hand on my shoulder. "This is for the best. I don't want the kid to know that the woman he was supposed to marry was in town. He'll think that you were never in town until you show up at the wedding."

Mum walks out of the house and hugs me. "It's only ten days. You'll be home before you know it, sweetheart. I love you."

I pull away from Mum's embrace. "You don't need to send me away. I can stay away from Zeke."

Mum frowns. "How do you know his name?"

"Dad told us at the meeting. When he told me I was going to marry, Zeke. I hate it when people change their minds. Dad shouldn't have told me that I was going to be the one that marries, Zeke."

I need to get in the car. I don't want to see my parents anymore.

Dad opens the car door for me and I climb inside. He leans inside and whispers something to the driver. Dad pulls away from the car. "Bye, Jaycee."

Mum and Dad wave at us at the car pulls onto the road.

I lean against the chair and close my eyes.

What am I going to do for the next ten days? Christmas is still forever away.

As we turn the corner getting off my street I hear a pop and pop and the car gets lower at the front. The car starts to spin out of control. A car travelling in the opposite direction crashes in the car and it starts to flip.

I feel the belt tighten around me as I'm tossed around the car. The car comes to a stop and I close my eyes as darkness consumes me.

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of this chapter. Sorry for the long wait but Christmas is hectic at my place. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.