19

I am released from hospital the following morning. Zeke has my handbag over his shoulder and he leads me out of the hospital.

At the car he opens the car door for me and I climb into the car. He shuts the door and rounds the car. He climbs into the driver seat and puts the keys into the ignition.

I put my seatbelt on and I turn to him. "Can you take me to my parent's house? I want to talk to them about what happened. I just hope that they can forgive me for killing my twin."

Zeke places a hand on my cheek. "Your parents won't blame you for this. Your sister was unstable for a long time. That's what I heard from your parents." He looks at my stomach. "You shouldn't stress out about this. Think of our baby, please?"

He places his hand on my stomach. "Daddy, loves you. I promise to you and your mother I will protect the both of you for the rest of my life."

I place my hand on top of his. "I'll hold you to that promise."

He pulls out of the parking spot and drives us to my parents place.

Mum and Dad are pacing around the room when Zeke and I enter the house. Mum turns to me. She smiles. "I'm glad you decided to come home before going anywhere with Zeke."

I wrap my arms around me. "Mummy, I'm sorry."

She runs over to me and holds me. She kisses my cheek. "Don't ever apologise for something you didn't have a chose to do. It was either her or you." She looks at the ground. "I know this is going to sound cruel; but, I'm happy it was her. Your Dad and I tried everything to get her help. She just didn't want it. For some reason she was obsessed with you."

Mum pulls me to the lounge and we sit together. She runs her fingers through my hair. She gets a faraway look on her face. "I came home one night from a night shift and I saw Amber cutting your face out of pictures. A few family photo's had your face scratched out."

I look at the ground. "I forgot I had a sister. How did I forget?"

Dad sits on the other side of me. He wraps his arm around me. "When you were younger Amber gave you rat poison. You got really sick and was put in a medical induced coma. The doctor's said you mind forget about your sister and it was better if you."

I shake my head. "I knew who she was when I saw her in the warehouse. Are you telling me when she knocked me out that she made me remember?"

Dad shrugs. "I think so."

Jaime enters the living room. She looks at me. "Jaycee, I'm glad you're alright." She hugs me and whispers. "I have a huge favour to ask you."

I'm not going to let her get what she wants.

I turn towards her. "What do you need?"

She looks at the ground and back to me. "I want to be your Maid of Honour. I always wanted that job."

I don't want her to be my Maid of Honour.

I look at her. "I have a maid of honour its Zeke's sister. I asked her while in the hospital. I can't have you ruin my special day."

She stomps her foot like a child. "Jaycee, we promised each other that we would be Maid of honour at each other's wedding."

I rise. "That was before you became a selfish brat. I was in hospital and nearly died and both times you didn't come to see me. Now, all you want is to be the stinking Maid of Honour?"

Jaime nods. "Yes, that all I want from you. I told Kaleb I was in the wedding party and I was the Maid of Honour."

I shrug. "It sucks to be you. You shouldn't have lied to the poor guy."

She looks at our parents. "Mum, Dad, aren't you going to say anything?"

Mum looks at her. "Jaime, your behaviour has been deplorable towards your sister. I hope this will teach you a lesson. Your sister is an important person in your life and you were acting like a spoilt brat."

Jaime crosses her arms. "I'm not acting like a spoilt brat, Mum."

Dad stands in front of her. "Jaime, you should pack your bags. We're kicking you out."

She looks at the ground. "I have nowhere to go." she whispers. She moves over to the lounge and cries. "I'm sorry."

Zeke walks behind me and wraps his arms around me. "Are you ready to go home with me?"

I shake my head. "I'm not going home with you, Zeke. We're getting married tomorrow. It's tradition that we stay away from each other. I'll see you tomorrow when I walk down the aisle towards you. Where I become your wife."

Zeke pecks my lips. "You better make to it down the aisle. If you don't I will tear this city to pieces to just have you as my wife."

I smile. "I love you, Zeke."

He whispers. "I love you, too. I'll see you tomorrow." He give me another kiss in front of my family before he walks out the door.

I hear the car start up and him pulling away from the house.

Jaime looks at Mum, Dad and I. She has tears in her eyes. "Do you want to know why I've been acting for the last couple of weeks?"

Mum moves towards her. "Yes,"

She plays with her hand in her lap. She stares at the floor. "I found out I was pregnant with Kaleb's kid. The day of the Jaycee's accident in the limo I had a miscarriage and then I was told that I was going to marry, Zeke. It was the same day Kaleb broke up with me and all I could think about was having sex with someone to help me get over the pain." She turns to our parents. "I need help to get through the loss of my child. Also, I'm giving Kaleb another shot."

I move towards her. "I'm sorry for your loss, sis." I look at the ground. "I..."

Jaime hugs me. "I'm happy that Zeke and you are going to start a family. I should have told you that from the beginning. I was dealing with a lot during that time." tears fall from her eyes. "I'll try to be a better sister. One that you deserve."

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of A Wife for Christmas. His is the last chapter before the Epilogue. It will be posted shortly.