Epilogue

I move toward the cupboard and pull out my wedding gown. I place it on the bed before I walk over to the vanity. I turn on the curler and wait for it to turn hot.

Chloe enters my room. She looks at me. "Do you need help with your hair and make-up?"

I turn towards her. "Yes, I want my hair curly and I don't want too much make-up on my face. Can you do that, Chloe?"

"Sure," she applies the make-up to my face while we wait for the curler to heat up.

When she's finished with my make-up I look into the mirror. "Thank you."

Chloe picks up the curler and she curls my hair. My hair is in ringlets around my face by the time she's finished.

Jaime enters the room and she looks at me. "You look beautiful, sister. Do you need help putting on your gown?"

I look at her. "Yes, please."

Jaime and Chloe help me put on the wedding dress.

Jaime pulls the layers down of the on shoulder white wedding dress I have on. She puts the veil on me.

I feel like a Princess.

Dad enters the room. He stops at the door and his mouth drops open.

He's speechless.

I move towards him. "Dad."

He smiles. "You look so beautiful, princess."

Thanks, Dad.

I hug him. "Thanks, Dad. Are you ready to walk your eldest daughter down the aisle?"

Dad shakes his head. "I'm not ready for you to leave the nest. To me you'll be my little princess."

Jaime exits the room.

I hear music coming from outside.

Chloe looks at me. "Are you ready to marry my Big Brother?"

I nod. "We better go now before he tears this place apart to find me."

She laughs. "Zeke, would that for you."

I hold Dad's arm as we exit the room. I stand next to the door to the backyard.

Chloe walks down the aisle and she stands across from the boys.

I look at the corner of the stage and I see my cousin Lynda playing the piano. She turns towards me and then she starts to play 'Here comes the bride.'

I walk down the aisle with my father. When we reach the stage my father kisses my and he whispers. "I love you, Jaycee."

I stand across from Zeke and I place my hands in his.

Zeke looks handsome in the suit.

The priest looks at Zeke and I. "We gather here to unite Zeke and Jaycee in marriage. Their decision to marry has not been entered into lightly and today they publicly declare their private devotion to each other."

I stop listening after that part and stare into the blue eyes of Zeke.

Zeke can't take his eyes off me either.

The Priest asks us questions and we answer it at the same time. "Now, you'll exchange rings."

The Best Man hands the wedding ring to Zeke. He wraps his hand around my ring. "Thanks."

The priest looks into the crowd, "Zeke and Jaycee have written their own vows for today's ceremony."

Zeke looks into my eyes as he places the ring on my finger. He smiles at me. "I Zeke Collins promise to love and cherish you, be with you through the highs and lows that life throws at us, I promise to be faithful and not stray from you. I promise to help you in the kitchen when you need. I will be there for you no matter what and I will be the best father I can. I love you, Jaycee Lance." He slides the ring onto my finger fully.

I am handed Zeke's ring and I place it on his finger. I feel my eyes well up as I look at the man standing before me. "I Jayce Lance, promise to love you to the moon and back, be by your side when mistakes occur, I promise to face each problem with you no matter what they are. I will be with you until our dying breath. I love you, Zeke Collins." I slide the ring onto his finger.

The priest looks at us. "You may kiss the Bride."

Zeke and I kiss in front of our family and friends.

It was the best day of my life.

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the latest update of A Wife for Christmas. Thank you all for following this story to the end. There's a sequel to this book. It will follow Zeke's Sister (Chloe) as she gets married on New Years.