II.

Lauren's POV

I am still in my room thinking what to do with my situation. Where on earth would I get a $130k now? Fuck this! I really thought I can get my money when I turn 24 but granny seems to have another plan.

*Knock knock*

"Miss Lauren, your friends are in the living room, waiting for you." One of our maids noted me.

"Okay. I'm coming."

"Okay, miss."

I hurriedly went downstairs. Desperate to see Shawn, whom I know, can help me with my situation. I saw him and Mani sitting on the couch while eating a slice of cake.

"Hey." I greeted both of them, giving Shawn a hug and kissed Mani on the cheek. She smelt good.

"So what do I do now?" I asked Shawn while I sat on the single couch next to them.

"You're 24 now so why not pay them  with the money from your inheritance?" Shawn asked me taking another bite of his cake.

"That's what my original plan was but granny gave me a very absurd way to get it." I answered grabbing his fork and took a bite of his cake.

"Hey, that's mine! Why don't you get your own! Now it has your saliva. Gross." he's such a drama queen sometimes.

"NoW iT hAs YoU'rE sAlIvA." I mocked him and Mani laughed. "You're such a drama queen, Shawn."

"No I'm not. I just don't want to be contaminated with any of your sex diseases." what?! I don't have any!

"You're so mean babe." Mani slaps his boyfriend's arm playfully.

"No. I'm just kidding." he said while laughing; looking at Mani like a fool in love. Well, he's a fool and in love so it's not really that surprising.

"You should be cause I don't have any." I said glaring at him.

"We'll never know. You slept with countless girls within the 7 years span that I've known you." he said now looking at me. Is it my fault that girls throw themselves at me?

"Shawn." I called him with my warning tone.

Shawn held his hands up in defense. "Okay okay. Now back to the main subject. What is your granny's 'absurd way'?" he said stressing the absurd way part.

"That I should get married as quick as possible or all my money and other inheritance would be donated to her charities." Mani almost choke on her drink while Shawn hasn't shown any reaction at all.

After seconds of silence, Shawn finally speaks. "Then go get married!"

I rolled my eyes,"I don't want to marry Tori or Jade. I won't go after Tori and I'm not really serious with Jade."

"Did I mention any name?"

I quirk my brows at him but soon realized that he has a point. "No. If you're not talking about them then who could it be?"

"I don't know too." he said simply.

"What do you mean?"

"You should hire someone to marry you."

"What? Are you crazy?!" I said standing up.

"Calm down. Sit." he said which I did. "If you have any better idea then spill it."

"I don't have any." I admitted.

"I agree with Shawn. You can divorce her or him after you get your money." Mani popping another idea.

"It should be a her Mani. But who would want to marry me?"

"You have tons of girls. You can pick any of them. I'm sure they'll gladly do it." Shawn said.

"I don't want any of them. They'll probably won't divorce me after I'll get my money. Besides, if I'd do that, it should be at least with a decent girl."

"Oh. Now that you said it, I have an idea." Mani exclaimed excitedly.

"What is it?" Both me and Shawn exclaimed.

|-------------》《-------------|

Camila's POV

I just came back home an hour ago. I talked to Normani and asked her if she knows some work that can pay me bigger than my current work. Sad to say but she don't have any. I hope miracles do come true cause I really need it. I don't want my mom and Sofi to live in the streets.

I remembered last month when we tried to seek help from my mom's family but they denied us. They didn't help us in any way yet they said hurtful and mean things like mom is a big shame of the family and she's a whore and me and Sofi are fruits of her sins. Who are they to say things like that? They don't know how much my mom suffered when dad left us. She worked so hard but it's just that her health condition began to drop months ago.

I was pulled in my deep thoughts when my phone started ringing with Mani's name on the screen. I hope this is the miracle that I've been waiting for.

"Hey Mila." she greeted me.

"Mani!" was all I can say.

"Uhm Mila. You asked me earlier if I know any job for you right?"

"Yeah?" yes! This is it!

"Our friend has a proposal but it's kinda...err...complicated and uhm...how do I explain this.."

"Mani, just tell me what it is."

"Our friend wants to hire you as her bride and she will pay you a thousand dollars, a week."

Did she just said hire, bride, and she? "What?" I still can't process it.

"Are you free this time?" she shot back instead.

"Yeah?"

"Come over here. We'll explain it to you personally." then she gave me the address.

"O..kay..." I don't know if I should go. I don't even think there's such job. But I really need the money. Well, I trust Mani with my life so I'm giving this a shot. And so I went out of the house and took a cab.