Chapter Twenty-One

Smiling is a contagious thing. Someone smiles, just a simple movement and it affects your mood altogether. So is crying. Newborns cry in response to another newborn crying.
People cry when they experience stress, pleasure, anger, sadness, and suffering.

I didn't feel myself fall to the ground, but I know that I went straight on my back. I tried to get up from the ground, but a burning sensation went all over my body. Everything went quiet. I heard a gunshot and a scream, a body fell to the ground, I felt the vibration but it was low. My vision went slow and kinda blurry.

I put my hand over the burning sensation and there was liquid, I lift my hand up to see what I touched, and to my surprise it was blood.
I began to recall what happened, there was Nick and Justin, they both had guns and they was both pointing it at each other. Before I tripped over I saw Justin push Nick. Then the firework went off, causing me to be where I am now. I didn't feel much.

A figure leant by my side, they moved closer to my sight.
"Selena!" I hear Justin say quietly, but the expression on his face didn't show that he said it, more like he shouted it.
He lifts my fragile body up and places me into his arm. He caresses my cheek, but I couldn't feel his warm touch anymore.

It felt like a cut, a deep cut. It felt like all my memories and my personality and what I was or would be were draining out of a hole I couldn't plug.

I kept going in and out of conciseness. But I made out that Justin was carrying me, running with me in his arms.
I got flashbacks, of the time when my mum died, to the first time my dad hit me, to the relentless job. And to the first time me and Justin kissed, his soft lips against mine, the way he would caress my cheeks, the way he would gently touch me like I was fragile thing. By this time I mentally agreed that I was happy to go, I didn't mind that the last touch I would feel would be Justin's. That I would die in Justin's arms, happily.

. . .

Justin's POV

. . .

I looked away from Zac's body. He was gone, there was nothing there anymore, just a body which he used to be in. I never got to say good bye, probably. He was always there for me, he was always a brother.

I try to search Selena's reassuring beautiful eyes, but I couldn't find them. I got up from being on the ground and looked around. I saw her walking away from us, she had a gun in her hand. I was shocked, I would have never expected to see her holding one of them deadly things. I look at the boys one last time before following Selena.

She continues walking but stops randomly, I don't, I continue to try catch up with her. She hides behind a tree, I do the same.

Maybe there's someone here, that she saw? I thought to myself.

I watch her tiptoe tree to tree.

"Nick!" I hear her faintly shout. As soon as I heard that Devils name, my anger boiled up. I knew for a fact, that he caused everything in my life to go bad.

I walk faster to Selena, then I realise that Nick was carrying a pistol also. I see her lift up the hoodie I gave her, she was ready to grab her pistol she had. I run over to her and push her to the ground to stop her from grabbing it.

"Just the person I wanted to see!" Nick sarcastically says to me. I really wanted to punch him, but I didn't, because he had a weapon, and I didn't.
I remind myself that Selena brought one. She gets up from the ground, and I grab her hand pulling her beside me. I place me hand on her back and grab the pistol quickly before Nick gets suspicious. I push Selena lightly to move out of the way. I point the gun at Nick, he points his one at me, I didn't mind though. He moves his aiming slowly towards Selena, he knew that it would piss me off more, and it did.
I push him so he would stop aiming at her.

But he pulls the trigger anyway.

I look towards Selena, and she was on the ground, blood starting to stream out of her. I felt my heart shatter, literally.
I look back at Nick and shoot his leg so he wouldn't move. He falls to the ground and screams in pain, I couldn't care less about him anymore.
I hurry to Selena's side. I pick her fragile body up and place her on my arm. A tear came rolling down my cheek. "Selena!!" I shout with all my energy and strength. She was struggling to keep her eyes open, I shake her and she reopens them slowly.
"I'm not letting you go, Selena. Don't go, please, Selena. Fight for me." I say to her.

I stand up, with Selena still in my arms. I walk to get out of the forest. Walking soon turned into jogging, jogging soon turned into running. I ran, and ran, and ran. I'm not giving up on you, Selena.

I rush over to the passengers side of my car. I place her down on the seat, I put the seat belt around her waist carefully. I jog over to the drivers seat and sped off to the hospital.
I went onto the highway to get to the closet and shortest route to the hospital. I grabbed my phone and rang Brady.

"Justin, you alright, mate? You went off the grid." Brady says.

"No, Brad, I'm not alright. I need you to meet the rest of the boys. It'll shock you at first," I say to him sternly, "but you have to get them boys back before it gets dark. You know the drop off? Go into the south side of the forest and walk straight. You will see them." I hung up the phone, not waiting for his response. I sped up my speed. I tried everything to get to the hospital faster.