Chapter Seventeen

I woke up to a phone buzzing. I squinted my eyes open; it was my phone, I picked it up.

2 missed calls from Nick
6 messages from Nick

I quickly opened the texts I received. They was all asking where am I from Nick. I type a message back to him;

Hey, sorry. Went for a stroll and forgot I couldn't get access to the apartment so I just went wondering about and lost track of time!
-S

I hit send.

"Hey," I hear a croaky voice say. I turned around and saw Justin, still sleepy, with messy hair and shirtless. He was holding two mugs. He came over and gave one to me. He sat down close next to me on the couch where I apparently passed out on. I took a sip of the tea.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"6 p.m."

"Nick is wondering where I am," I say.

He gave his full attention, moving the mug he had away from his lips. "What did you say to him?"

"Nothing," I say bluntly. There is nothing to say. 'I just met with Justin Bieber, and he told me not see you again'. Don't think so. "So...what are we going to do?"

"Just ring him and say you're not staying at his place anymore, Selena! It's not that hard," Justin recommend but forgot that Nick gave me a place to stay when I was left alone.

"I can't just do that! It's not simple as it seems," I say.

"So, you want to put yourself in danger and do it face-to-face when he has anger issues?" He says in a sarcastic tone. "Yeah, I don't think that's the safest option."

"I'm going over there! I told you a billionth time, he let me stay at his place—welcoming me and feeding me, letting me stay as long as I wanted to. I think the best option--"

"--it's not the best option," Justin cuts in.

We've been debating about whether I should go to Nicks apartment and give him a reason to why I am not staying at his place anymore, thank him for everything. On the other hand, Justin thinks it's best to just ring him and say it, but I find it disrespectful.

"I'll walk you to Nicks apartment. You and him can have the discussion outside. Then if you're in public, he can't hurt you."

Justin and I both decide to walk to Nicks apartment to get fresh air. Whenever we get on a new road, Justin mentally notes it down. I don't know if it's a bad or a good thing, but I couldn't care less, because I finally have—well, not have—Justin back. It's just good to hear him and be with his presence. At some point, he put his arm around me. I felt safe in his embrace. We talked about nothing but everything. I didn't want the walk to Nicks to go fast, but sadly it did.

We was standing in front of the doors. I was ready to buzz at the door but Justin held my hand back before I could. "I think it's best if i wait over there." He points to a bush nearby.

I laughed, but he was serious. "That's not necessary. You're not going to get in trouble when you know each other," I say. "Plus we're in public, he can't do nothing to you," I mimic him from before, smirking.

Justin didn't say anything, but walk towards the bush. I hit the buzzer for Nicks door.

"Hello?" His voice rings over the line.