Chapter Six

The rest of the car journey back home was in complete silence. After seeing Justin flirting to another girl, I had lost all hopes for a possible relationship between him and I.

"What's wrong, Selena?" Justin asks, finally ending the silence that had been lingering for awhile now, walking in the house behind me, slamming the door while at it.

"Nothing; why?" I say, turning around to face him. I had known him for months now, and I had gotten to learn his facial expressions, and the one he had now was absolutely pissed.

"Because you seem mad...mad at me," he trails off. I sigh, from frustration mostly.

"I'm fine. Just a bit tired." He arches his eyebrows. I realised that I slept in the car before. I'm never good at making excuses.
"I didn't get that much sleep last night, that's why," I said trying to make a new excuse. He doesn't say anything except nod. Passing me and brushing my bare arm, he starts to climb the stairs.

"Justin!" I call out for him, to make him stop.

He turns around. "Yeah, babe?" Him saying 'babe' made chills run down my spine. I just smiled and he smiled back, confused mostly.

"I'm sorry," I say.

"For?" He started to walk back down the stairs, getting closer to me.

"For being a bitch, and ruining the day." I looked down, chuckling quietly. He walked towards me, and put his hand underneath my chin, making me look up.

"I'm the bitch," was his last words before his soft lips were on mine again. The kiss started out slowly then gradually became intense. Wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him closer, his hands slides down from my back to my ass, squeezing it. Knowing it was some type of cue, I jumped up, wrapping my legs around his waist, deepening the kiss even more.

Then his phone went off.

Really?

He groaned, putting me down. We was both out of breath. "You better get your phone." I laugh. Grabbing his phone from his back pocket on his jeans, pulling it to his ear and answering it, the smile he had on his face before went into a sudden frown.

He looked at me. I was about to ask him what's wrong, but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back to the car in the garage. Pulling the phone from his ear and resting it on his shoulder, he says in a quickened voice, "Wait here, I have to get something in the house. I'll be back." He put the phone back onto his ear, and rushed back into the house. I grabbed my phone from my pocket, checking the time: 6:34 p.m. I was getting a bit hungry. Sighing, not having much of a choice, I open the passenger door and settle into the car, getting comfortable on the seat. I leaned my head on the window once the door was shut; shutting my eyes, I take a deep breath, falling asleep.

. . .

I woke up to a dark highway and Justin driving. "Hey," I said in a croaky voice. The only things I could see was whatever the headlights where bouncing off from.

Justin glances at me quickly before looking back to the road, where most of his attention spam should be. "Hey. You okay?" I nodded even though he couldn't see me. I hum in response, hoping he'll take that as a yes.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"My mates house, it's a bit far. Are you hungry?"

"Yes!" I laugh. My mouth becomes watery as I imagine nice juicy food.

"Do you want to get McDonald's, or is there too much calories?" He said in a jokey manner, knowing that girls worry about that type of stuff. He giggled to his own joke.

"None. McDonald's sounds good." He looks at me, eyebrows raised in disbelief. He scoffs playfully, a smirk on his face before turning back to the road.

. . .

Once finally arriving at McDonald's, I ordered Big Mac and Chips; Justin ordered Quater Pounder and Chips. We sat in and ate it together.

Once we're both done with eating our meal, we get up. Justin picks up our tray with the trash on it. He goes to the nearest trash can, and throws our trash away before placing the tray above the bin. He looks back to me before walking to the doors; the door automatically open for the both of us. We leave McDonald; going to the parking lot, we go to Justin's car; Justin gets in first since the drivers seat was closer to the way we came. He puts the keys in ignition, starting up the car. I get in now to see Justin already adjusting the heater in the car. It was early in the morning, that's why it's cold than usual.

"How far is this friends house of yours?" I ask, looking towards him, starting a conversation.

"Not that far now." He looks down to his wrist, where his watch was rested, and sighed. He changes gears before coming out from the parking spot; leaving the parking lot, we enter the highway again.

A couple miles down, a sign says:

"W E L C O M E   T O    L A"

I gasps in shock. I hear Justin laughing; looking to him, I pull a straight face. "What?"

"You're so cute." He smiled at me. He put his hand — that wasn't on the wheel — onto my thigh. I started blushing, I probably went red as a tomato – I say that a lot, but it's true. Covering my face with my hands, trying to hide my redness, and embarrassment, I felt Justin's hand falling from my thigh, reaching for my hands. He pulled my hands down from my face. "Don't cover your face. You're beautiful, okay?" He sincerely smiles at me.

"Justin, watch the road!" — even-though the road was empty. He quickly spun around. "Aw! Did I make you scared?!" I laughed so hard my belly started hurting; Justin played upset, prompting out his button lip. I stopped giggling and laughing; I put my hands to my belly, because of the upcoming belly-ache.

"Aw, look who's got a belly-ache now!" He looks at me, a big smirk on his face.

"Shut-up." I giggled, but stopped immediately due to my belly-ache.

It went to silence. "Why are we in LA?" I questioned. I looked out window and saw lights, buildings, palm trees. It was all too beautiful.

"Like I said, we are going to stay at a friends house for a bit. My mate has a wife so you can chat to her, do the girly things girls do, while I get down to business."

I looked at him and raised my eyebrow. "Business man much?" I say, chuckling while Justin smirked.

It looked like everything was already planned.