Chapter Seven

We finally arrived at Justin's friends house. They lived in a beach house: it was beautiful. I found out that their names are Erick and Anna.

Anna is Erick's wife. She's a very nice woman. She has short silky blonde hair that made her appearance stand out more: she was very pretty. She had funny stories to tell about what her past, but Erick just stayed quiet. Erick had a dark shade of brown hair. His eyes were also brown like Anna's.

At some point, Justin and Erick would go off into their own little world to a point where I won't see them for awhile. Anna also had things to do, like house cleaning and making snacks or food for everyone. Then there was me, nothing to do but just sit on the couch.

Justin and Erick are out on the back patio that allowed you to see the ocean. Anna was cleaning whilst preparing snacks for the boys, a few for me and her too. I got up from the couch. "Is it okay if I go walk around the beach? It's a nice day," I politely ask, trying to not sound rude or show that I was really bored here.

"Yeah, sure. I'll tell the boys so they won't get worried. Especially Justin, he gets worried sick too easily when it comes to you." She chuckles. She ambles her way to the patio where the boys were.

Quickly grabbing a towel Justin packed for me, I slipped on my flip-flops that were by the door before leaving. When I got to the beach I set the towel near the water, but not too close since I didn't want it to get wet. I sat down. It was a breathtakingly amazing sight.

I look behind me to see the house. I looked at the patio and saw Justin looking at me, Erick trying to speak to him. I done a little wave to him and he smiled back in response. He quickly turned his attention back to Erick.

I got up from the towel, and wiped my dress free of sand. Walking closer to the water to the point it nearly touches my toes, I take off my flip-flops. I put my feet in the water and walked a bit further down in the sea, but not too far so my dress wouldn't get wet.

I stared at the view for a bit.

"It's amazing, isn't it," I heard Justin say. I spun around to see him.

"Yeah, it is." I smiled at him. He took off his shoes, and he rolled bottom of his pants up. Walking towards me I turn around back to the sea. He stands beside me for a bit before wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. He rested his chin on my shoulder.

"What have you and Erick been speaking about?" I ask, starting a conversation. I was becoming suspicious, and I didn't like it.

"Eh. Nothing much. It doesn't matter," he mumbles into my neck. I spun around so we was facing each-other. He cups my face; his hands were so soft. Leaning in, we kissed. It was slow but passionate. I put my arms around his neck.

Justin pulled away. "Let's get back to the house," he proposed because it was getting a bit cold. He lifts his palm out signalling for me to take it. I do. Intertwining our fingers together, we walk out of the water. He swiftly bends down and picks up the towel. Sliding his shoes on, he stands by me afterwards and waits for me to do the same. Quickly sliding my feet into my shoes, we amble to the house hand-in-hand.

Justin opened the door to the beach house.  Erick was shouting about something to Anna, who – I presume – was upstairs. Justin walks in first and I follow behind him, shutting the door once I past the threshold. Erick turns towards us once hearing the sound. "Justin. Hey guys." He smiles at us.

"Hey," I reply back, trying to be nice. Justin lets go of my hand. "Where's Anna?" I ask Erick.

He points upstairs. "She's struggling to find something," he says, chuckling.

I started heading to the stairs. "I'll go help her," I offer.

I walk into the guest room — Justin and I's room for now.  Anna was scrambling through a cupboard. "Anna, what are you searching for? Let me help you," I say, flashing her a smile.

She turned around as soon as she heard my voice. "Hun, it's fine! You don't have to help me." She gaps realising something, "Oh crap, the oven is still on," she says. She quickly rushed out of the room.

I sat on the bed, grabbing my phone. No signal, it flashes. I sighed and put it back on the bed-side table.