Once my breakfast was ready, I sat down at the kitchen table and looked out the window, letting out a deep sigh as I chewed on my cereals. If only life was simple, then I wouldn't be in such a mess right now. Louis would still be my somewhat enemy and Niall would only be Louis' best friend. To think so much had changed in only a few weeks was unbelievable, and it all started when mum and Troy informed me and Gemma that they were moving in together. Even if I didn't like to fight with Louis, I was willing to say I would rather do that than living with this pain one more day.

I was just about to take a bite of my toast when I could hear the sound of a door slamming shut on the top floor. My head instantly turned in the direction as a knot formed in my stomach. There was only one person other than me who had their bedroom on the second floor and that was the person I was fearing to face.

The sound of footsteps was soon heard in the staircase and I took a deep breath to prepare myself for what was to come, even if it was close to impossible. Much to my surprise, however, no one entered the kitchen. Instead, the next thing I heard was the sound of the front door slamming shut with great force. My eyes instinctively closed for a second at the noise before they opened again.

What was that? He was acting as if I had done something wrong when he was the one who had ignored me for an entire day after we had kissed. If someone was doing anything wrong, it was him. Then why did he seem so mad? As far as I knew, I hadn't done anything but try catching his attention, but since he hadn't been responding to me, I assumed he either regretted it or that it was his revenge for what I did to him in the past.

I just couldn't put my finger on why he was mad at me because clearly, that was what he was, right? Why else would he slam the door like that?

Deep in my thoughts, I ate my breakfast and finished getting ready for school before leaving the now empty house. I made sure to lock the door behind me, knowing mum would scold me if she found out I had forgotten to do it. Then I walked to the bus stop with my earphones plugged into my phone, listening to some relaxing music to take my mind off of the things going on right now, and surprisingly it helped quite a lot.

Once I arrived at the bus stop, I was shocked to see a crowd of students waiting for the bus to come. I thought I was late and would have to take the next one, but I guess not. However, that also meant Louis was here and probably Niall too, so I didn't know if it was such a good thing after all.

I turned my volume down to low and leaned against a lamp pole a few yards away from the crowd in order to not be acknowledged by anyone. I could see Louis talking to a few guys from the football team, nodding his head to whatever they said even if he didn't seem very into it. Whenever he smiled, it wouldn't reach his eyes, and believe me, I knew when he cracked a real smile, and this was not it. His usually bright, blue eyes didn't have that spark in them that they would whenever he found something funny for real, nor were the crinkles by his eyes prominent.

"Who's the lucky one you're checking out?" I could hear someone speak in my ear, and I almost jumped in shock at the sudden sound.

Turning around, I was even more shocked to see Ed standing there, his hands in his pockets with a cheeky smile on his face. "What are you talking about? I'm not checking out anyone. On another note, you scared the hell out of me, so you should apologize," I said, pulling the earphones out of my ears.

He rolled his eyes, shifting on his feet. "I'm sorry, little Harry. Did I make you pee your pants?" He joked, earning a jab in the shoulder.

"Shut up," I muttered, although a slight smile formed on my face. "What are you even doing here? As far as I know, you live on the other side of town."

He nodded in agreement. "I do, but I was sleeping over at Niall's tonight, which is why I'm here right now. I saw you standing all by yourself so I decided to accompany my friend since kindergarten. Now, aren't I just the best friend out there?" He said, batting his eyelashes.