4. Related

Kyler's P.O.V

I quickly pulled away from him. Brandon was getting nearer and nearer with every second that passed.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you." Chris said, sadness hauting his blue eyes. "I thought..."

I grabbed his arm, trying to pull him away so we could go to another place, any place. But I wasn't fast enough.

"The queer!" Brandon yelled, laughing. "Looks like he's with his..."

Chris turned around, his eyes were as wide as plates. Brandon stopped talking and looked at him straight in the eye, and that was when I noticed: They had the same blue eyes. The group of idiots came over to me, even though Brandon had stopped and wasn't moving, grabbed my arm and pushed me hard to the ground. I whimpered.

"You fucking idiots, leave us alone!!" Chris pulled me up but didn't break eye contact with Brandon. "Just wait 'till out parents hear about this."

Their parents?

"Christopher, wait. You can't tell them, they won't let me play football anymore!" Brandon yelled.

"Like I give a shit about your stupid sports." Chris grabbed my hand. "Asshole."

He guided me out of the park, away from them. And we ended up a block away from my house. I didn't say anything the while way there, because I didn't know what to say. Were they related? Would Chris start hating me now too, because me and his...his what?

"I'm sorry about Brandon. He's a fucking idiot. I wish we weren't related in any way, but we are. Please Ky, say something." He pleaded. "Anything, please."

"I...I...I don't know what to say. Is he your brother?"

Chris nodded softly.

"I understand if you... Don't want to talk to me again. I understand if you don't like I'm related to someone so..."

I hugged him and since I was so short my head barley reached his chest. Chris hugged me back tightly, rubbing my back. "I don't hate you. Your brother is a dick but I don't care."

Chirs laughed. "I'm glad to hear that because..." He lifted my chin. "I wasn't planning on letting you go."

He crushed his lips in to mine, kissing me softly at first. I kissed back, and his hands were around my waist pulling me closer and closer. I had to tip-toe to kiss him which made him laugh against my lips. Chris pulled away and I hid my face in his neck, breathing his sweet scent that made my stomach explode with butterflies.

"So, your whole name is Christopher, huh?"

His fingers touch my cheek, being really careful not to touch the bruise.

"Yup. But everyone calls me Chris."

We stayed like that for what seemed like hours, but my phone rang and we pulled apart.

"Come home and watch Denovan. I have to go to a meeting."

My mom was such a oportunist. "I'm sorry, my mom wants me to babysit my little brother so I have to go."

"You have a little brother." His eyes were bright and shiny. "Can I meet him? Please? Please?" He pouted. Maybe it wasn't a bad idea that... "My mom doesn't know about you, she'll be mad if I let a 'stranger' come inside while Denovan is with me."

I hadn't told her anything about him and if she saw that he stayed in the house without meeting him first she would kill me, slowly and painfully.

"Let's make a deal. I won't follow you to your house and break in to meet you little brother, if..." Chris paused dramatically. "You tell where did you get that bruise and why you were crying in the park when I met you."

Shit.

I hadn't thought of an excuse, but there wasn't really anything else to do than tell the truth. He knew I was gay, but the only problem was... My bully was his brother.

"Brandon goes to my school." I stuttered.

I had never seen Chris pissed off, but right then he seemed like he could kill anyone. "My brother did this to you?"

I looked down and barley nodded. Good job stupid fag. Now he probaly hates you. He won't choose you over his brother. I didn't know what to do and tears starting making their way through my eyes freely. I didn't want him to hate me.

"Why are you crying?" Chris wiped my tears with his thumb and hugged me by the waist. "It's not your fault he's a douche."

I sobbed into his chest. "I thought you would hate me." His grip on me tighten.

"I could never hate you. Come on, I'll take you home."

I was half-crying when I got there, but smiled when Chris pecked my cheek and promised to text me later.

*Later that day*

"Hey beautiful, are you okay?"

His text made me feel guilty. The razor in my hand felt heavy, almost like a burden. My arm was bleeding from the fresh cuts, so I took the phone in my other hand and typed quickly.

"Super fine. Yourself?"

I wanted so badly to tell him, to let him know I was crying and bleeding and that my whole body hurt from his brother's beating. But he would think I was disgusting, he would hate me.

Just like everyone else hates you, fag.

The word carved into my skin had started to fade. It was hard to see over the other cuts and I didn't like that. I wanted it to show. I wanted a reminder of why Brandon bullied me. Of why I deserved all those beatings.

He had called me a queer today, so I pressed down the razor and cut that word into my wrist.

"I'm fine too, Brandon won't tease you anymore, my parents grounded him or something. I really hope you're okay. c:"

My head was screaming.

You don't deserve someone like him.

He's too good for you. You're not enough.

I'm never enough.

I pressed hard on my wrist until I saw blood. The new word was bigger than the last one and way deeper. I washed the razor and admired my work.

Queer.