I don't associate with playboys

Start from the beginning

Feeling my cheeks heat up I shook my head, "You really are a flirt aren't you?"

"Only to you princess."

"Why do you call me that?"

"You mean princess?" Nate asked.

"Yeh"

"Because it matches you.

"Well stop it, I don't like being called that, because I am nothing like a princess."

"Maybe not to you, but to me you are."

"Well then," I stated, "feel free to elaborate on it, I'm all ears."

Grabbing my right hand that now laid on the table, he grasped it slightly but firmly in his. I don't know why I didn't pull away but somehow I just couldn't. "Well first off, you're bea---"

"Attention students, the library will be closely in 5 minutes, if you are going to check out a book please do it at this time..."

I pulled my hand away from Nate's as soon as the intercom came on. What is going on with me, why am I letting him affect me?

"Well I better go check this out then," said Nate. I watch as he calmly got ready to leave. In fact, he acted like our conversation didn't even happen.

Then it dawn on me, it's 7pm and I have no ride home. I totally forgot to text Kevin earlier. Stopping Nate before he left I asked, "Nate when did you guys finish with practice?"

"About an hour ago, why what's up."

Damn, a whole hour ago. I didn't want to call Kevin to come all the way back to school just to pick me up.

"Did you need a ride home princess?"

Did this guy read minds or what? I really didn't want to ask him, mostly after our weird conversation. I didn't know how well the ride home with him will turn out. However, I did not want to bother Kevin, Liz or my family to come pick me up. Be damn with the awkwardness that may happen, I needed to get home.

With pleading eyes I nodded, "yes, I do"

With a large smile he answered, "Well then it will be my pleasure to give my princess a ride home."

With just a small nod of agreement I followed him out the library. As much as I am against the "princess" nickname, I feel like he wouldn't listen to me even if I told him to stop calling me that, I tired already and clearly that didn't work.

------------

Luckily the drive to my house wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be, in fact it was the total opposite. Nate chatted with me, made jokes and totally put me at ease. In fact I kind of like this side of him, not the playboy side but this caring and humorist individual side that he was showing me now. In the short 30 minutes to my house we talked about everything to anything. I labeled him as "playboy" since the first time I saw him, but somehow that didn't matter at all right now because I feel like I have gotten to know him so much better. I was starting to think that maybe we can even become good friends, that is if he slows off on his flirting.

Before I knew it we were in my parking lot.

"Thank you very much Nate, I appreciate you sending me home"

"Not a problem princess, anytime."

Giving him my best smile I opened the door to step out when I felt Nate grab my hand. Slightly tugging me towards him he whispered in my ears again, "Don't think that we are done with our conversation from earlier. I'm going to tell you one day why you are my princess."