Intro

M o n e t

I rolled my eyes while looking at my screen wondering why my boss was calling my phone for the 100th time.

I answered my phone quickly this time obviously annoyed "Didn't I tell you the first time you called that I would be there as soon as I could!" I hollered through the phone, I hung up before he could even get a word in.

Just as I slammed my phone down I heard a knock at my apartment door. " It seriously took you long enough," I spoke to my sister as she walked through the door.

"You know you don't have to do this mo. Ever since you lost him I don't know if you've realized that maji and major still needs you, they need a mother and you running the streets ain't cutting it. And you know I love my nephews to death but I'm not going to continue to cancel my plans so you can go run the fucking streets like you don't have any sense. These boys aren't mine mo. Get your shit together they need you!" my sister yelled at me. I didn't even bother to respond because I knew she was right but I had really had no other choice. It was either trap and hit these licks or strip and honestly I wasn't with that shaking my ass for money shit. So I'm doing what I got to do to provide for me and my boys.

I went into my sons room and looked down at them and whispered "I love you boys and I love you too mel," I said as I looked up as hot tears streamed down my face. I left out of their room and entered mine. I hurriedly got into the shower and washed my body, I hopped out and oiled down my body. I walked into my closet and looked through my clothes and decided on all black leggings and a black v- neck and my black timberlands. I went back into my bathroom and grabbed a scrunchie off the sink and pulled my hair into a high ponytail.

I walked back in the kitchen where my sister was still sitting with a mug on her face. "Monice I'm trying I really am but I don't want you to be upset with me, and you know I do what I do because I have too. But I love you and I'm about to go I'll be back later on." I kissed her on the cheek and grabbed my jacket, phone and car keys off the counter and left out.

Once I got in my car I started it and plugged my aux cord in. I scrolled down to "Smile by Doe B" and turned the volume all the way up. "This is history in the making I don't wanna see you miss this shit I just wanna see you smile I just wanna see you happy I'm just tryna make you proud Just wanna hear you say you love me." I pulled of and sped down the empty streets of ATL. I only know one thing and that is, that it's ALL ABOUT THE MONEY