CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Max. I need Max with me.

That was my first thought when I regained some of my senses. Next thing that hit was the annoying smell of medicines.

I inwardly groaned. I hate hospitals, especially injections, for I had trypanophobia.

"She will wake up soon!" A voice whispered.

"I hope so! Thank you doctor!" A familiar voice replied.

"Now excuse me, I will be in my office." And with that, the first voice drifted away from us.

There was a slight movement near me, because the next thing I know was that my forehead being touched by a pair of soft lips.

"Heidi, you are fine honey! Open your eyes!" Those same lips whispered in my ears. I didn't have to rack my brains for that.

"Honey! Please open your eyes!" Hisperia whispered again.

I wanted to obey, but my eyes were being stubborn for once. It was as if I desperately wanted to catch up with some sleep. Not that I mind, Hisperia just informed that everything was alright.

"Let me try!" A deep male voice muttered. Hisperia sighed and I felt the air shift besides me.

"Heidi," the deep male voice murmured,"Wake up! It's me, Seth, and your annoying best friend Hisperia!"

Someone growled, and I bet it came from Hisperia's throat.

"Wake up!" Seth whispered again.

Silence.

"Hmmm," Seth hummed.

"What are you humming about?" Hisperia snapped.

They both whispered something which I, obviously couldn't hear.

Traitors.

"It's if no use," Hisperia groaned and I felt her collapse in my bed, somewhere near my feet.

Wait. What's going on?

"I agree, after what happened in the clearing with her!"

Clearing?!

"And with James!" Hisperia grunted.

James?!

"Not to forget Max." Seth said a bit loudly near my ear. I cringed at that. I wanted to scream at them. What happened when I passed out? Is Max safe? And Rohan?
But for now, Max was my priority.

Max! Tell me about him!

"Yeah! After what happened with him." Hisperia said, her voice seemed to echo around me.

"What if he lives?" Seth said, as he plopped down, sitting near my elbows.

He...is breathing! My mind seemed to relax at that.

"But what if he dies?" Hisperia scooted near my elbows too.

No! He is still breathing! He won't die! I wanted to scream at Hisperia for thinking something like this.

"He is strong!" James muttered.

"He still hasn't got up! It's been two days already!" Hisperia pointed out. Two days?

"He will survive!" Seth whispered in my ear.

"He won't sur-" Hisperia's statement was cut short by a loud scream that escaped my throat.

My eyes snapped open, blinded by the bright light at first, but then slowly adjusting themselves and finding two grinning faces on top of me. I ignored Seth and glared at Hisperia.

Bloody sadists.

"Hey Heidi! How was your beauty sleep?" Hisperia asked, grinning from ear to ear.

"You bit-" I was stopped by a hand clamped on my mouth.

"No cursing please!" It was Hisperia's time to glare.

I snorted, or what felt like a mute one.

"Okay, I think she is fine now!" Seth assured and Hisperia finally let go of my mouth.

I got up and they scooted a bit further from me, as if I was about to attack them.

I frowned when they looked at me with worried eyes, and I realised that it wasn't exactly worry that they were showing me. It was pity.

I start to shake in my place.

"Max?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"He is fine honey," Hisperia assured, smiling a little,"but not awake yet!"

"Yet?" I asked, looking at both of them.

"It's as if he is in coma," Seth explained,"but we know that he would wake up!"

I sighed in relief. It was good. Max was alive, just not awake.

"So when will he wake up?" I asked Seth, while I felt Hisperia grabbing my hand and pressing it against her own.

"After eight months." Seth admitted, looking anywhere but me.

"Eight months?" I asked, slowly, so that it could settle in my brain.

"Yes, eight months!" Hisperia confirmed.

"Okay," I whispered.

And then darkness flooded over me again.