CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Hisperia.

She needed me and the way James made that sound, I just hope I wasn't too late. My best-friend needed me. My family needed me. My half soul needed me.

"Straight ahead! Hit the clearing!" James huffed as he ran behind me.

I obeyed and ran, panting heavy breaths. My legs almost gave up but the thought of Hisperia getting hurt, made me run another mile.

"She's hurt. I didn't know what to do!" James huffed as he tried to catch up with me.

"What happened?" I asked for the fifth time. James wasn't telling me anything in detail, and that scared me. A lot.

"We're close!" He informed and we sprinted towards the clearing.

What was there shocked me. Hisperia and Seth were tied against the bark of a tree and Rohan was hanging upside-down, cussing continuously.

"What the hell?!" I exclaimed as I stood there. I hurried towards Seth and Hisperia but Rohan's shout slowed me a little.
"Dude, run!" Rohan waved his hand, which were tied as if they were in cufflinks. "He is going to kill you!"

"What? Who?" I asked, stopping dead in my tracks.

"James!" He gulped and pointed behind me.

I turned around and saw him, with a log and a hostile expression. Before I could proceed with my scream, he swung the log and hit my head. Bulls eye, I tell you.

My head started paining but not a single drop of blood trickled down. My knees buckled and I fell on my knees. My vision started to blacken. My ears buzzed, which irritated me because I couldn't hear anything that Rohan spoke, or cussed. Fighting the blurriness, I managed to look at James, who kneeled besides me.

Fighting the pain, I managed to ask James one thing.

"Why?" I whispered.

"Because of Carmen!" He said and I closed my eyes, drifting away slowly.

And that's how I die. Well, that's what I hope for.

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

"You smug son of a-" A very angry voice growled, but was interrupted.

"Tut tut, behave or else..." I could detect the smugness in that tone.

"Or else what?" The first voice challenged.

"Or else this!" The smug voice came close to me and stopped. I was starting to gain my hearing back, so to speak. I just couldn't feel my eyes and lips. I felt numb. My body was limp too.

"Don't you dare!" A different, girly voice snarled.

All I heard was a chuckle in response.

I mentally frowned. What's going on? I remember getting accused of murdering someone, I remember being heartbroken, I remember getting back stabbed, I remember the part where I wished I would be dead.

Why am I not dead?!

"Don't touch her!" A different voice boomed.

It's confusing now. Different voices never help, especially when a person's head is throbbing with pain. The 'pained' person needs rest, needs a comfortable bed, needs peace. I am the 'person'- without any rest because of running away from difficult situations,lying on the cold-hard ground, and with so many voices echoing, I feel like I am going to snap someone's head open.

Something nudged me on my shoulder. It was probably someone's foot, but I concentrated on the part where I felt the nudge. I was getting my seemed back.