CHAPTER TWENTY

"You know the way. Just don't run into anyone familiar." Rohan mumbled as he left me near the clearing.

Woah! WHAT?

"Hey hey hey!" I said as I grabbed his wrist, making him turn around to face me.

He looked at me, his eyebrows raised,"What?"

"Aren't you coming?" I asked. I really needed his help after all. How was I supposed to find Max without being noticed?!

"I can't be like this now, can I?" He pointed at his wolf head and rolled his eyes.

I scrunched my face in confusion. Rohan sighed in annoyance and began to explain things.

"If a vampire is near, this change happens. I can't roam the whole town like this now. Besides there are only two pubs in this town and you know the way."

Understanding dawned upon me and Rohan thanked the Almighty. Dramatic idiot!

I punched him playfully on the arm. It was a light punch but he flinched nonetheless, making me mutter, "delicate darling".

"This delicate darling," Rohan slurred teasingly,"has a to go and protect your best friends butts! Come back before sunrise. I really don't want to find you in ashes or into a disco ball!"

I laughed.

He and Max had once come over for a movie and we settled for Twilight. Let's just say, in the end, they both were just glad to make it out alive. While Rohan made gagging noises, Max just liked the fact that Edward would always be besides Bella at night. Of course, he imagined both of us instead of them.

"Myths!"I smirked at him and raced towards the town. Don't get your hopes high. We vampires don't have the speed but definitely the stamina.

********************

"And girl I, wanna be the papa, you can be the mom!" Some drunkards shouted and wolf-whistled as I passed them and looked inside the last pub, only to find disappointment.

He wasn't here either.

I sighed in defeat and looked at the the 'hello kitty' wrist watch. I grimaced at the florescent pink watch which showed two in the morning.

I did break in the school, only to find out that they discarded everything. Rather discarded my file. It was strange. They do have information about you, whether your moved out, or dead.

Well on the way, I happen to run across the'lost and found' box and to my dismay, saw this stupid kitty watch. I guess even the owner was ashamed of it. Can't blame the poor kid.

"Damn!" I clutched my head and slumped down on the pavement.

The whole town had finally called it a night. Some people did look at me, perhaps wondering why a girl was loitering around at this point of time, but decided to ignore it. It's a good thing I had a sweatshirt.

Hoodies help a lot.

"Hey girl, talk dirty to me!" One of the drunkard shouted at me and his gang laughed. Okay! Cue for me to get up. I got up, dusted my jeans and walked in the opposite direction.

I started to get paranoid when I heard a pair of footsteps following me. Lord, save him because I might bury him six feet under the ground- alive.

What did you think I was? Damsel in distress?!

"Hey man! That's enough!" One of them said.

"Yeah! Don't waste your time on her, we have a strip club a few blocks ahead." The other fellow said.

"Nah!"The one following me slurred,"Go on without me!"