CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"Move it, move it, move it!" James chanted as he pushed us in front. Apparently, he had taken the 'werewolves' story way too seriously.

"James! For the last time," Hisperia groaned,"it was just a joke. Werewolves are extinct!"

That did not satisfy him.

"Oh ya? So do we for humans! But we are not so MOVE IT!" James pushed us again.
I was close enough to loose my patience. Seth, meanwhile, had already lost it.

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" Seth roared as he turned around, torch in one hand and bag in other. His anger was scarier than the dark tunnel that had currently trapped us. We had taken three different routes and ended up in the same place again and again.

Moreover, the scurrying of mice and bats wasn't helping anyone. James sure was acting like a little girl who was scared of dark. Seth was the knight in shinning armor for me, even though I hardly needed his support. I mean, running away from the palace was risky enough, these tunnels were nothing compared to the punishment that waited for me.

"We need to get out of here!" James snapped back angrily.

"Do you think I am not trying? The map is confusing, you said so!" Seth growled at him.

"Guys-" Hisperia tried to calm them but they had already locked their gazes and were ready to tackle each other on the ground.

Seth shoved the torch in Hisperia's hands and rolled up his sleeves, menacingly.
"You want a fight James? I have tolerated your tantrums and have had enough!"

"Please Prince Charming," James sneered as he dropped his bag on the ground and came ahead to face Seth,"We didn't need you in this! It could have been me, Heidi and Hisperia here!"

Okay! This needed to stop. I step in between the guys and pushed them back.

"We don't need to do this now!" I reminded them.

I got no sign of backing down.

Shit! This is bad!

"Guys." Hisperia muttered but the three of us ignored her.

"Nothing will happen to you if we get caught!" James spat angrily at Seth.

"James. Calm down!" I plead but he doesn't budge.

Jerk!

"I just want Heidi safe!," Seth spoke through his teeth. It almost made me blush to hear that he really cared about me. But the next line was pretty disturbing,"Besides, I would be happy if your werewolves hunt you down."

Douche bag.

"Why you-" James growled.

"Guys, please!" I begged in vain.

"Bring it on you-" Seth said as kept his bag aside.

"Guys! Shut the," Hisperia said something that made all three of us drop our jaws,"up will you? Listen for a moment!"

Hisperia cussing is something that has to be downright important.
We all were silent for a moment and that's when we heard it. Footsteps.

"Run!" Seth and James pushed us girls in front as they handed me the torch. I nodded and ran with all my strength. Behind me, I could hear Hisperia grunt, followed by Seth and James jogging. It felt like the tunnel was closing in and I was right.

Dead end. We were trapped.

"Oh no!" Hisperia whimpered hugging me tight. Seth fell on his knees, all the hope which had earlier sparkled in his eyes vanished instantly. James, on the other hand, was checking the dead end in a hurry.
He still hadn't given up.

"C'mon! I know it's here!" James muttered.

"James! We are doomed!" I whispered, tears filling my eyes. The thought of not being with them was heartbreaking. All the moments we had together-the laughter, the fights and the sleepovers rushed in a speed.

"No we are not!" James snapped and suddenly, the tunnel started to rumble. Hisperia and I held each other, shaking, while Seth got up and took James by collar.

"Is this what you had in mind? Killing all of us?" Seth thundered.

I was quite taken aback by the anger that rolled off Seth but James didn't move a muscle. Of course, I was concentrating as to when the whole tunnel will collapse so their fight really didn't matter now. But then I saw it. I saw the dead end collapse and gasped. Hisperia's grip tightened even further, since she had her eyes closed. The sound of rocks falling apart broke Seth's grip off James.

As the dust gathered, clouding our vision, my hand found James's as he coughed and led us out towards the light. As soon as we stepped out, Hisperia opened her eyes and gasped. I looked at her, concerned, but then I saw what she and Seth were gaping at. Needless to say, my mouth was open too and I bet I was drooling.

We were in a meadow, filled with flowers, indicating that spring had started. The sound of the waterfall from our right was soothing and the best part, the moonlight made it all enchanting. Leaving everything, I rushed towards the stream and splashed cold water on my face.

Soon everyone of us was busy with their own tasks. I was helping Seth, who filled our bottles with water while James, who was a few feet away, looked at the map again and again. The frown never left his face. Hisperia was checking the tunnel in the meantime, perhaps wondering why no one came. I wondered the same thing too. We were sure we heard footsteps back then. Even after such a chaos, I still wondered why no one came. Seth had the same thought.

"I think we should go and check as to what happened." Seth murmured as he washed his hands.

"You are not going alone!" I frowned and got up from my place and walked over to him. Seth looked up and smiled which made my heart race. If I had a goofy grin on my face, you know who to blame.

"Are you sure you want to come? You do look tired!" Seth said as he got up. The distance between us was less and I couldn't help but stare at him. This guy managed to look good even in moonlight. His eyes were sparkling and his face was lit up with a small smile. I took a step forward and our bodies touched. The electric current passed through us and I felt my cheeks reddened. His face looked flushed too, but he ignored it and leaned forward. Our foreheads were almost touching and his breath was fanning my face. It smelled like peppermint and I wanted to kiss him badly.

Oh! How I wish I could just-

"AHEM!" James coughed a little loudly.

Seth and I broke apart. Seth looked annoyed but James looked at him murderously. Both of them locked their gazes and perhaps had a mental war or something like that. None of them quivered or showed a sign of backing down. Lets just say, I was relieved that Hisperia wasn't witnessing all this.

This is going to be a long night.