CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"No way!" I exclaimed in horror while James and Hisperia rolled their eyes. There is no way they are risking their lives for me. I am not allowing this.

"We're coming! So suck it up!" Hisperia muttered looking to and fro, checking if anyone was heading our way.

"Why? Do you want to kill yourselves too?" I asked helplessly. I really don't give a damn about my life when it comes to these two idiots.

James looked uncomfortable answering my question and I mentally triumphed.

Fill their heads with doubts and they will back out.

Hisperia looked doubtful too. I knew her and her dreams. Graduation and taking the place of the next Council member. Perhaps if fate allowed, getting married and live a peaceful life. All that will vanish if she joined me.

James never actually told us any of his dreams but I was sure that they never contained running away and live as a fugitive.

"We all have to leave before the guards wake up." We three jumped at the sound of Seth approaching. He had a bag with him too.

Are you kidding me ?!

"No way are you-" I ranted but the grunt of one of the guards alerted the four of us.

"We have to leave!" James snapped out of his thoughts, grabbed his bag and gave me mine. Hisperia gripped her bag tightly, looking rather pale. Seth looked at me and to my utter shock, grinned.

"Exciting things tend to happen whenever I am with you!"

James and Hisperia muttered in agreement.
As for me, I just feel defeated. Of course, I can't even make noise. If the guards or anyone from the kingdom sees all four of us together, we all will land up in trouble.

"If we get caught," I muttered childishly,"I am telling them that you three kidnapped me."

We all laughed and surprisingly, it felt good. Who knows, maybe we all could start a new life no matter how stupid and dangerous it is.

&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&

"Seriously?" I said as I looked at the trapdoor beneath Hisperia. James and Seth, in the meantime, were taking blood supplies for our trip.

"Old, but convenient. That's what chef Louis said." Hisperia answered as she tried wearing her shoes. Her hair were falling over her eyes as she was in a crouched position.
I was dressed in jeans and hoodie. We all were wearing the same attire.

"One more thing, why is Seth coming with us? How could you guys allow that?!" I asked in disbelief. I mean, Hisperia and James we my best friends,my family, but Seth was practically no one and an outsider to us.

"He likes you Heidi! Are you that blind or just plain dumb?" Hisperia sighed, straightening up from her position.

"But-"

"Listen its late now! We have to leave! And he is a Prince so I don't think he will get any trouble!" Hisperia rolled her eyes at the so 'obvious' thought.

"Ready ?" Seth asked, James right behind him along with chef Louis.

"Yes!"

James opened the trap door and we all looked down. It was a dark passage, filled with cobwebs and dust and a foul rotten smell.

"Torch it." James commanded Seth as he jumped down. Seth, in the meantime, torched the thick club-sized wood with fire and bent down to hand it over to James.

"Okay! C'mon guys! Time to leave!" James said. Seth nodded and looked at us.

"Ladies first!" Seth motioned us to go first.
Hisperia took a breath and jumped down.
My guess is that she landed a little too safely. James had the same thought.

"Ouch! That's my foot you just landed on!"
James complained.

"Shut up!" Hisperia snapped.

I suppressed a smile.

Some things never change.

"After you." Seth gave me a small smile.

"Just a minute!" I told him and walked towards chef Louis, who was looking at us with a sad expression.

"Thank you for before!" I said as I hugged him tightly.

"Take care Heidi!" Louis sniffed.

We had a relationship which was close to father and daughter. I wanted to say so much to him- right from the time he called me 'child', I knew he meant it. He always used to give me wine in secret. He was always there, just like a friend would. Just like a father would.

"What is this foul smell anyway?" James asked, his head popping up from the trap door.

"Oh! A hell lot of werewolves died below fifty years ago. Besides, we never used that passage!" Chef Louis said in his gruff voice, while he gave me a tight hug and whispered,"Joking!"in my ear. I control the urge to laugh loudly.
All the color which was on James face earlier drained. What a sight!

"Werewolves?" James squeaked.

"Don't worry! They are extinct! Go now!" Louis said as he pushed me towards the trap door.

"Adieu Heidi!" Louis said as he waved goodbye.

"Adieu Louis! Merci beaucoup!" I smiled and jumped down.

&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&

Everyone was quiet.

All the guards looked down, ashamed.

Heidi, along with her friends and Prince Seth had escaped.

"Find out where they are!" Lady Penelope ordered one of her servants.

"Check their rooms! Their wardrobes, their books, bag, everything!" Sir William screamed at the top of his lungs.

The report in Sir William's hand showed everything. He, along with all the council members were still in a shock. Autopsy reports were never wrong and neither was this one.

"Sir! We found him! He was the one who drugged the guards!"

Three guards dragged the cursing Louis all the way towards William.

"Where are they? Tell me!" William asked Louis, but got nothing.

"TELL ME!"

"My lips are sealed!" Chef Louis spat on the ground. The look in his eyes clearly showed that he won't utter a word.

"Read this you fool!" William shouted as he shoved the report in Louis's hand.

The determination that sparked in Louis's eyes dimmed and was soon replaced by fear as he read the contents of the paper.

"Heidi is innocent -"

"Yes! Its her friend who is the murderer. The worst part of all, the murderer is with her and can kill her soon!" William interrupted Louis's sentence.

If we don't find them soon enough, the unthinkable might happen. History will repeat itself. Soulless creatures will rise again.

William shuddered as he snatched the report from Louis's hand, who was moping on the floor.