CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"Who should I killl...?" The words echoed around the forest. I shuddered as I felt a wet, nasty breath on my neck. We were trapped. Was this our end?

"I know the smell bosss....it's herr..!" The one who was holding me and Hisperia growled as he sniffed my hair. I flinched at that.

But then, something grabbed my attention....

They knew me??

* An hour earlier *

"Look!" Seth pointed at the light that shone brightly, followed by fireworks and shoutings. We had reached the end of the forest. The town in our view seemed to be having fun. It was midnight and the town seemed to be alive, even though it was midnight.

Looks like we reached Fernfield after all.

"They seem to be celebrating!" James observed.

"No shit Sherlock!" I replied, rolling my eyes.

They all stared at me, frowning. I looked at them, wondering why they were staring at me. And then it hit me.

I never say anything revolving about Sherlock.
Hell,who is Sherlock?

"Are you okay?" Hisperia asked me, concerned lacing her voice.

I nodded, still shocked at myself. Those weren't my words and I was damn sure of it. I had a feeling it was Samantha's.

At the thought of Samantha, my head started to throb a little. Damn! It was paining as if someone had hit me with Thor's hammer.

Thor?
What the hell?

"Ahhh!" I groaned, clutching my head. It was painful. Pretty soon the images were swirling in my head.

Max me having dinner at Chuckie's Restaurant.

Another image,

Max giving me a big birthday card and wearing a 'I ♥ Samantha' shirt.

Another one,

Both of us having fun on a beach, me covering him in sand and shaping it in a mermaid.

I landed on my knees while my friends hovered around me. Hisperia crouched besides me and held me close.

"Heidi, are you okay? Do you need water?" Hisperia panicked when I groaned again.

My head feels as if it's going to burst. Its as if my head is put in a boiling water and the temperature is kept high.

Sweat trickled down and I couldn't do anything but shriek in pain.

"Heidi!" Seth kneeled down and put my head on his lap. I closed my eyes and tried hard not to scream.
"I will search the bag in the meantime!" James frantically opened the bag and searched through the items.

"Listen, go to the town. I am pretty sure some shop will be open." Hisperia pleaded as she looked towards the town. James and Seth nodded, glancing at me for the last time and then scurrying off. Hisperia in the meantime, leaned towards me, her face hovering over mine.

"It will be fine Heidi, I promise you that!" Hisperia choked, trying not to cry.

"I am-" I stopped talking as I noticed two...heads? They weren't human heads and neither were they Seth and James. I squinted and realised that they resembled the heads of dogs. More like wolves? Only these looked different. These looked....intelligent?

I laughed, despite the pain which was making my head ache. Hisperia looked at me, shocked hearing my laughter.

I am imagining werewolves now! Next would be witches.

"H-Heidi?!" Hisperia leaned back, shocked looking at the condition I was in.

I wouldn't blame her. I was bubbling with laughter. Wolves? Intelligent?

And then we heard it.

The growl that escaped from one of those creatures. My heart beat frantically against my ribs. At once, my laughter stopped and surprisingly, smelling the rusty smell from their furs erased my headache.

Hisperia turned her around and screamt. I don't think anyone heard us beacause of the celebrations going on. The people were screaming there too, but it was of joy and happiness.

One of them grabbed Hisperia while the other one yanked me from the ground.

"Hey, rude much?" I hissed as his nails dug deep in my skin. This was ridiculous okay! The head is of a wolf, but the body is pure human, from head-no. From chest to toe. Well, at least the tail was visible. Judging by their heights, both seemed to be at least six foot five inch.

Both of them had black fur. Nice camouflage.

Ya...enough to escape after murdering two girls.

The one holding me, released me and pushed me towards Hisperia and in an instant, the one holding her, grabbed me from my waist.

Great! Both of us are dead!

Atleast Seth and James were safe, my mind seemed to comfort me with that piece of information.

"Can't put the humans in dangerr..." The one holding us spoke, or rather growled. It was weird, hearing someone speak and growl at the same time. Moreover, his saliva was overflowing because I felt it drop on my head.

Eww....he is drooling all over me!

The other one, was walking to and fro, scratching his jaw, perhaps making a decision.
It would have looked hilarious if the situation was a normal one. But right now, we are captured by what I think are werewolves and the one who has me by the waist is constantly sniffing me, making me cringe and mutter colorful profanities.

Finally the free one stopped and turned towards us, a certain gleam in his eyes.

"Who should I killl...?" The words echoed around the forest. I shuddered as I felt a wet, nasty breath on my neck. We were trapped. Was this our end?

"I know the smell bosss....it's herr..!" The one who was holding me and Hisperia growled as he sniffed my hair. I flinched at that.

But then, something grabbed my attention....

They knew me??

"Whatttt..!?" His boss growled and took a step closer to me.

I looked at him and scrunched my nose in disgust. He smelled as if he had a bath in rotten eggs and dead fishes.

"Samanthaaa...?!" The leader whimpered as he held my chin a bit high to take a good look at me.
To say I was shocked was an understatement.
Hisperia looked confused, no doubt at that.

"I don't believe it..." He said as he freed me from his partner's clutches and hugged me while I held my breath.
That hideous smell. GROSS!

"Wha-!" I tried to ask but the next thing I know was that he was twirling me around.

"Sam, its me! Rohan!"

And that's when a part of my last dream hits me.

"My little scholar!" Max faked a tear, while his best friend Rohan, faked a consoling pat on his shoulder.

"Rohan!" I gasp as Rohan chuckles a deep throaty laugh and spins me around. All the memories start coming to me and I laugh along with him. We both start to jump up and down and keep on hugging like five year olds. Of course, that doesn't last.

"WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING? WHY IS HE CALLING YOU SAM? SOMEONE TELL ME BEFORE I GO MENTAL!" Hisperia's shriek was enough for me to get back to reality.

I looked at her furious face, then at Rohan's grinning face and at the other werewolf's confused face.

I chuckled.

Its going to be a long night.