012: The Supposed Alliance

Hana sighed for the umpteenth time, smacking her forehead on her desk. She was inside her room, her laptop and a few paperworks messed up atop her working desk. Apparently, she had been brain-storming for the past three hours, thinking of possible ways, proof, and comebacks for the next court trial. So far, she hasn't done much, nor thought much, primarily because she didn't have that much information, as the CEO hadn't given her the time to fill her in with what she need to know for her to "help" him win his reputation and the company's as well.

Stupid Park Chanyeol. Who does he think I am? Sherlock Holmes?

She didn't really want to blame her boss since he has the right to give her the information or not, but what could she possibly do? Yes. He did agree to let her help with the case but he only gave a mere approval. Did he expect her to dig up the information herself from square one. It wasn't like she was a investigator after all.

Sighing, she lifted her head that was leaning on her wooden desk and began to stretch her arms. After doing so, she sighed yet another time before determination creeped up inside of her. Inhaling a deep breath, she began to fiddle with the files that were scattered all over her desk, examining the paperworks that she had managed to copy from the company files, with permission of the CEO himself, of course.

After thirty minutes, she finally closed her laptop and plopped on her bed, groaning as she felt a headache coming. She massaged her temples, clearly stressed out and frustrated.

I don't think I'm going to get anywhere with this amount of information.

She couldn't just give up with that though. She had to conclude at least something for the night, as the upcoming trial would be on two weeks. Hoping for an SOS, she hesitantly dialled Chanyeol's number, hoping that he was still awake and not-so-frustrated to answer her inquiry.

Hence, she decided to call her boss. After three successful rings, the CEO picked up the phone, and Hana just had to roll her eyes at that. It has been pretty evident to notice the small things about the CEO if you were to be his secretary. An example of that would be for calls. The CEO would always answer his phone within the third ring, which was really weird and creepy for Hana's liking. Nevertheless, she was thankful that the CEO wouldn't be able to see how she rolled her eyes, because Chanyeol disliked the movement very much.

"What?" Chanyeol asked, his voice flat and stern at the same time.

Well, good evening to you, Hana thought, but of course, she wouldn't say that. "Good evening, sir. I'm sorry for the disturbance, but I was hoping that you can answer a few of my questions regarding the trial so that I can at least have more basis for my research," Hana said. She could here an exasperated sigh on the other line, which for sure, came from the CEO himself.

"What do you need to know?"

Hana fist-bumped the air, obviously feeling triumphant as the CEO agreed that easily for the first time. "Thank you so much, sir!" She spoke enthusiastically, which surprised the person on the other line. "Currently, I am in the middle of studying and researching Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun's case. I came across their files and I was unable to search anything suspicious, except the previous embezzlement that they did which caused their termination of contract in the company. However, I don't think that that was the whole picture though. I just want to ask if they had any other issues before."

"None, actually."

"Really?" Hana asked, surprised. If that was true, then something was definitely fishy. Why would they decide to embezzle all of a sudden, when they had been displeased of the CEO's treatment for a long time then? To prove that point, Hana has surveyed their department for the past month, and discovered that the two indivuals had been, indeed, displeased since the very beginning, when Chanyeol took his throne. That itself leads one suspect for Hana: Wu Yifan. Why would he hire those individuals oh-so-suddenly? Then again, it would be too obvious to just hire then all of a sudden when the issue has just been fired then. Even so, it was just too fishy for Hana's liking.