04: The Aftermath

"What in the hell happened?!" The CEO's loud, booming voice echoed inside the company's Security Surveillance Room, the place where his secretary told him to go to when he was still parked in front of the cemetery.

Hana flinched, immediately recognizing the rage on his voice that held too much anger. The other employees in the room had also flinched, gazing their eyes downwards as if some sort of furious God had emerged before them.

Hana bit her lip before speaking, his eyes fixated on the tiled floor, "S-sir, someone infiltrated your room hours ago, whom I believed had took a picture on your desk and spread it on the Internet, hence the a-article that I sent you." Her voice had kept on wavering as she stumbled upon her own words, feelings little with her boss' piercing gaze.

Chanyeol's eyebrows knitted together, piecing the facts that his secretary told him.

"How did someone get inside my office?" He said, his voice lowering down though it still held the authority that it always held.

Hana bit her lip harder, a metallic taste invading her taste buds. She gulped audibly before speaking, "I'm sorry, sir." It was a mere, simple apology, her head bowed down and her eyes closed. She knew that she was dead. She'd definitely be losing her job later.

"I went away for a couple of hours and this happens? This is why I don't hire incompetent beings in my company!" He hollered.

The CEO sighed, exhasperated, massaging his temples from the headache that was coming. "Show me the surveillance cameras on the top floor. Now," he ordered, his voice holding no emotion whatsoever, except an eerie feeling that a person would be able to feel upon hearing his words. "We'll talk later, Ms. Choi."

Hana sighed deeply and stood upright from the bow that she had given the latter.

The other employees who were watching the scene had immediately scampered into their stations, pushing buttons and adjusting the controls to play the scenes that the cameras had managed to capture at the time of the scene. Chanyeol watched closely as the employees did their job.

The first screen on the surveillance monitor had showed; the time read 3:15 P.M.

He watched as he walked out of his office, his secretary on the side of the doorway bowing at his backside as he walked away. His secretary then stood upright and went to her desk, fixing papers and whatnot and arranging her belongings. He then watched as Hana took her phone from her blazers and seemingly text someone from the way she tapped her fingers on the screen in a fast pace.

He pressed the fast forward button on the controls himself, his eyes focused on the monitor.

He then removed his fingers from the button, and soon enough, the video played in a moderate speed. His eyes trailed as a woman, who he recognized as Lee Soeun, emerged from the scene. He watched as his secretary opened the door to his office and let the both of them in.

"Show me the surveillance inside my office," he barked at the employee who was seated near him, to which the latter had immediately nodded his head, obeying.

The image from the second monitor beside the first one changed, showing the scene that happened inside his office at the same time frame that the first monitor showed. He saw how Lee Soeun wandered around his office, her movements showing him how fascinated she was. His brows knitted together and glared at the screen, his rage building up upon the realization that this own secretary had let an employee inside his office.

Hana backed away from her position and leaned her back on the wall beside the doorway, feeling queasy.

She felt guilty and worried – guilty because she knew that it was wrong to let a mere unauthorized employee in her boss' office, much less someone who was clearly not allowed to enter the top floor, and worried because she was now a hundred percent sure that she'd be losing her job.