He scowled like it doesn't matter.

"Why Archer" she look him straight into his eyes, "Why'd you save me?"

"You're my girl" he said flatly like she was asking something so obvious and foolish. Her heart did another flip. Not the time.

Another thought occurred to her, he did that because he thought she's his girl but she really wasn't. He put himself in danger because of her- the fake girlfriend. She swallowed back the lump forming in her throat.

"But, You could've stay in there with me. We could stay in there till the cops arrived"

He leaned in further and placed his forehead on hers, "He scared you" his jaws clenched, "He fucking scared you. And I don't like that" he said coldly making her swallowed.

"But he had a knife" she whispered. Blame me. You're risking youself for a girl that is trying to break your heart. The girl that is playing you. Blame her so that she'd not feel so guilty about it. Tears now filled her eyes again. Both for the guilt and all that she'd went through that night.

"Doesn't matter"

"Where is he now?"

"They took him. They want your statement but told them you'd give it tomorrow"

She nods while she bit her lower lip.

He studied her for a moment before he whispered, "Let it fucking out"

Only then she realized she was trembling and so she did. She didn't hold herself back when she cried against his neck.

He sooths her by rubbing on his palm against her back and her head with the other the whole time. When she finished 90% of the waterworks she lets out,

"That guy, he hurts her" she said against his neck.

"Who, babe?" he said softly.

"His... wife" she sobbed, "And I don't....like..him"

"Did he do anything do you before I get here?" he stiffened.

She shook her head, "I ran but he said mean things to me!" she knew that she won't feel better until she let all the tension out yet she doesn't get why she was wailing in front of Archer. But, all she knows is that he saved her. She can't imagine what'll happen to her if he wasn't there. Aubrey's husband will probably break the door down, reach her and kill her before the cops manage to rescue her.

He had that cold vibes again as he cursed.

"Do you wanna tell me what he said?" She didn't know why she liked that question at that moment. Archer didn't actually demand this time. He asks. She was glad he did because she didn't really want to talk about it.

"I don't want to repeat his offending words"

She felt him nods against her head.

"We'll go to the hospital"

She leaned back to look at him with her puffy eyes, "You're hurting" she accused.

"I'm not but I want to make sure he didn't do you any damage"

She shook her head, "He didn't"

He lifts her left hand by her wrist and looked pointedly at the scrape on her forearm.

Ellie laughed shortly, "It's just a scratch"

He softly ran his knuckles on her cheek, "No"

"But-"

"This is nonnegotiable"

"You are so stubborn!"

He didn't say anything anymore.

ELLIE WAS SNUGGLING CLOSER to the warmth. Her eyes fluttered open to face Archer's chest. He stayed. He was wrapping his arm around her body.

She looked up to see him sleeping. It was still dark outside. He didn't look so pissed in his sleep. She wondered how a guy like Archer wants her for his girlfriend. How could he accept that proposal?

After all, she was just some random nerd. There's nothing charming about her.

Before she fell asleep, he didn't ask her any further question like why that man was after her. The only thing they argued about was that hospital thing. She did try convincing him but she failed. So, she's letting him take her there in the morning before they went to the station.

Even though they fought about that silly little thing, her heart again melted for that alone even knowing it was crazy.

That night she learnt or realized two important but dangerous things.

One, She now gets that he was VERY protective of her. He didn't like her getting hurt even by a scratch.

Two, she'd been trying to ignore the nagging feeling, something that she started to notice after the discussion she had with Tori about soul mates, but she knew that the more she's with him, the more she's softening up to him. She might be naïve about these things but her mind can't fool her anymore. She's starting to fall for him. Definitely dangerous.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A/N: Thank you so much enchanteddreamer123. Reading comments always made me nervous. Sure, I appreciate all- good and bad. But, a few 1/100 % makes me feel...depressed(I never wanted to admit this) You know like 'doubting myself' kind of way. But, comment like yours took me out of there. There are lots of other comments that inspired me like yours(they might not even know themselves) did and since I can't mention all, you represent them. So, I decided to ignore the rude ones, suck in the critics and write for ONLY people who appreciate my efforts^^