✡ chapter 9

As usual the days went quickly by, with no sign of Meg. It was almost to calm and none of them dared to relax. It had been a strange atmosphere between Felicity and Dean after what happened to them in Starling City and they avoided being left alone with each other. Felicity still had sleepless nights, fear that Meg would show up. She had several times had the thought that she would sneak in to Dean and tell him that she could not sleep, but she had never come so far. The fear of what he would think were far too great. And also the fear of what she would do if they were alone, in a dark room.

This morning, when Felicity arrived in the kitchen, where the brothers and Bobby sat, she could feel that this day was different. They knew something
"Good morning." she told them and poured hot coffee into a cup and then sat down at the kitchen table where the men sat.
"Good morning." they answered in chorus.
"We have news." Bobby looked up from the newspaper he was reading.

"Both good and bad news." said Sam. Felicity took a sip of the hot drink and then looked questioningly at them.
"First of all, we know why Meg and the others want the necklace." Now it was Dean who spoke.

"The necklace is obviously a key to hell and the demons want to open the gate to let out all evil and even drop out Luficer." Bobby continued.
"Wait, wait a minute. Did you say Lucifer? Lucifer as the devil?" Felicity pulled nervously a hand through her hair. By now she knew it existed monsters in the world, but that the devil also was real, she had never had a thought of that. "How, how do you know all this?" she gave Bobby and the two brothers a quizzical look.
"Cas." Sam opened his mouth but did not have time to finish the sentence before Castiel showed up.
"You called me." Felicty stifled a laugh and Dean shook frustrated his head.
Bobby cleared his throat. "We just told about the demons' plans."

Castiel walked around in the kitchen and Bobby took up large map and put it on the table.
"Here." He pointed to a spot on the map. "Here in the northern part of Nebraska, the gate is there."

"We have to hurry." Castiel stood at the kitchen table next to the others. "They are already on their way there."
Dean stood up quickly. "Already on the way? But they have not the necklace. Or?" He stopped and turned to look at Felicity. "Felicity, where do you have the necklace?"

"I have it here ..." She put a hand to her neck, but froze when she realized that she didnt have the necklace on her. "I ... it's not here." she panicked. Where had she put it? Then it hit her. She had take it off when she had showered the night before. Without saying a word, she hurried into the bathroom. She froze when she saw the necklace was gone. She was sure that she had hung it on the hook at the sink.

Felicity backed out of the toilet with both hands to her mouth. She could feel Dean's hands on her shoulders.
"Felicity."
"It .. it was not there!"
"Son of a bitch!"
"It has to be Meg." Sam joined them and pulled a hand through his hair. Felicty was mute. How could she be so careless?

Everything was ruined, now they would wipe out all life on earth. Tears ran down her cheeks and she felt how Dean directed her steps toward the kitchen.
"Sit down for a while, you're very pale."
"This, this is my fault. We will die. We all gonna die." She panicked.

"Calm down." Dean squatted down in front of her and took her hands. "This is not your fault and we are not gonna die." If Felicity's eyes weren't drowned in tears, she had not missed the look that Dean at this very moment gave Sam and Bobby. A Look that said a thousand words, that everything had gone to hell, that they'd never get out of this. But there was nothing he showed to Felicity.

Felicity had broken out into a hysterical crying and could not stop the tears. All the emotions welled over her like a wave.
"Come on, you need to rest." Dean took her hand and pulled her up to feet.
"Hey, Dean. We leave tonight." Castiel shouted after him as he left the kitchen along with Felicity.
Once inside her room, she crawled into bed and hid her face in the pillow.
"I will come back later and check on you. You can sleep for a while. We are leaving in a few hours." Dean was just about to leave the room when Felicity sat up in bed.

"Dean." she wiped the tears from her cheeks and then continued. "Can't you stay?" She became silent. "What if Meg comes back?" Dean stopped in the doorway and then turned to look at her. But since it was dark in the room, he could not see much of her. Without saying anything, he closed the door to the bedroom and then went to bed. It was quite dark in the room and she could only see his silhouette, when the moonlight penetrated through the small window. He lay down on the bed beside her, and she felt that he put an arm around her body.
"You don't need to worry. I wont let anything happen to you." Dean whispered in the darkness, and before Felicity had time to think, their lips met in a kiss.

At first it was just little cautious kisses, but the kisses became more and more intense the faster their breathing became. Their bodies were hungering for the eachothers touches and they both had now forgotten that the world was in their hands. The only thing that existed was them and their excited bodies. Before they knew it, they were both naked, in the little bed, tightly against one another. And right then it felt as if Felicity was the happiest girl in the world.