Chapter 10

Ivan's P.O.V : I remember when I saw Kaia's mother get shot, she fell to the ground, still holding the crying baby, " Get the baby." Said George, I walked over to Kaia's mother's dead body, the baby was still crying, I picked her up, she calmed down when she saw me, she cooed softly at me, " Hurry up." He said, I looked back at the body of her mother one last time before we left.

As years went on, I watched as they did experiments on kaia, she would cry for them to stop, but they ignored her, after all, she was going to be a our first super soldier, the head scientist, Dr.Koleman, had many other human experiments, but they all would either die or take their own lives, it was horrible, they would burn the bodies in a furnace, never letting the poor souls rest in peace, as time went on, I took care of kaia, she became like a daughter to me over time, Dr.Koleman said to never get too close to any experiment, but it was too late for that.

she was a curious girl too, she wanted to know what the top was like, I would bring her books to read, since the lab didn't provide any to read, she would tell me what was in the books afterwards after she would finished reading the books, she wanted to know what titans were, I would shiver at the word, I remember when my dad was in the survey crops when I was younger, I always wanted to be like my dad, wanting to fight for humanity, and that where my mind was, until he never came back from his mission, after that, my dream faded away like a distance memory, once my dad die, my mom and I were force to move back to the underground, where my mom had to do her best to raise me, she had some odd jobs, jobs that I could never understand, like bringing men to our home, I never knew why she did it, but she got paid for it, then one day, she went out to do another job of her's, " I'll be back sweetie, I promise." She told me, but she never returned.

When Dr.Koleman told us that they were going to make kaia into a super soldier, I almost went crazy, there was no way I was going to lose her too, after all she is the only family I have left, but what could I have done about it, I just hoped and prayed that kaia would be safe if she ever decide to join the military.

I remember teaching her how to use 3d Maneuver gear, at first she had trouble balancing herself, It remained me of the time when my dad try teaching me how to use them, funny how I never thought I would be teaching them to someone eles, after her experiments were complete, she was released from the lab, " I'll miss you ivan." She told me as she hugged me, I hugged her back gently, not wanting to let her go, but I knew I had to, she has a purpose now, to rid of the world of titans, but she would always be my little girl.

Now here I was looking at her, she became a beautiful young lady, " Kaia? " I said, " Ivan ?" She said back, as if she was unsure if it was me or not, " You two know each other ?" Asked hanji, I looked back at her, " Yes." I said, " I took care of her when she was little." I said, I never thought I would be reunited with my little girl again.