Prolonge

A young couple were soon to be parents, a woman with brown skin, brown hair and brown eyes laid on a bed, she breaths heavily as she's in pain, a man, with tan skin, black hair and sliver-grey eyes holds his wife's hand, " The baby will be here soon my dear." He spoke with a Portuguese accent, the woman smiled a small smile mixed with relief and pain, a doctor walks in, " Ready Mrs.Rodriguez ? " Asked the doctor, the woman nod.

Hours later... " It's a girl." Said the doctor as he held the crying baby in his arms, he put the baby in a blanket, he handed the baby to the woman, the baby stopped crying, the baby had brown hair, brown skin like her mother, " She looks just like you Maya." Said the husband, the baby opened her eyes, sliver-grey like her dad's, " She has your eyes Diego." Said Maya, " What will you name her ?" Asked the docter, " Kaia hope Rodriguez." Said diego, " A lovely name." Said the doctor, that docter would be Dr. Jaeger.

Night had fallen, the new parents slept soundly as their newborn daughter slept, Maya woke up to the sound of a noise, " Diego wake up, someone is trying to brake in." She said, diego sat up, he heard the noise too," Go get Kaia and hid." He told his wife, Maya got up and picked up Kaia, she was still sleeping as if nothing was going on, diego grabbed his shot gun, Maya hid in a built in room that was hidden from the rest of the house, Maya sat on the floor and held Kaia close to her chest, she heard shouting and more shouting, then a gun going off, Maya prayed that nothing happened to her husband, " Find the woman and baby." Said a gruff voice, Maya laid down Kaia on the floor, she took off her golden heart locket on around her neck, " Me and daddy love you." Said Maya with tears in her eyes as she picked up Kaia once more, she opened the door to the built-in room, the men stood in shock, " Hand us the baby." Said one, Maya took the chance and ran, " She's getting away." Said one of the men.

Maya ran as fast as her legs could carry her, she had to escape, for herself and her daughter, then just as she thought she lost them, she felt a sharp pain in her back, she held Kaia tightly in her arms as she fell to the ground, Kaia starts crying, " Kaia, I love you." She said before dying. And this is where Kaia's story beings.