"NOTHING HAPPENED!" I yelled in frustration. Joe's eyebrow knit together in anger.

"Well, we have nothing to base that on but your word, and right now, that doesn't count for much," he seethed.

Ouch, low blow.

"You are sixteen years old; it is time you start being more responsible. You say you want a car, you want to drive, do you think that is going to happen when we can't even trust you to get up on time, to bring your assignments to class or to go a single week without getting in some sort of trouble? Driving, going out with friends, and going on dates, these are all privileges, ones that you will not be granted until you can start acting more responsible."

I cocked a brow in disbelief. "You're grounding me?"

Joe never grounded me...what the hell.

He shook his head, "No, your grounding still ends this Friday, but until further notice, your freedom has limited access."

"How am I supposed to prove I can be responsible if I'm not allowed to do anything?" I snapped.

"Start showing us you can be responsible here at home and at school, and you can have more privileges." He said plainly.

"This is so unfair!" I whined.

What the hell, I might as well have one of those black box things around my ankle...

"This is what Nick and I have decided, deal with it." He said ignoring my whine. "We could have gone with Kevin's suggestion and not allow you to have a boyfriend at all, but let's be honest, you would just sneak around and do it anyway."

Second low blow...totally true but still...low.

"I cannot wait to move out," I grumbled, "I hate it here."

"Well then, we must be doing something right." Joe said, standing from the chair and reaching for his belt.

"I want to go live with Kevin." I said, immediately regretting my timing for bringing up the topic as Joe's brows knit together again in anger.

"EXCUSE ME?" he questioned, it was really more rhetorical, he had heard me just fine. "He would be handling this situation no differently, believe me, we all discussed how to deal with this tonight after our meeting with the dean."

"You guys don't even listen to me! At least Dani will listen!" I argued my case, "You don't care!"

"We don't care?" He mimicked sounding hurt. "We are not discussing this, You are not going to go live with Kevin...get up."

"Why not?!" I argued.

"Because I said so," Joe said growing more angry.

"That's not a reason." I countered.

"Well, it's the reason you are getting, GET UP!" Joe barked.

"No, I want to hear it from Kevin," I demanded causing Joe's face to contort in anger.

"I can't even deal with you right now," Joe seethed before walking out of the room and slamming the door behind him.

I sat there in shock for a moment. What the hell just happened? Did I win, or was this just intermission until round two? My answer came about twenty minutes later when my bedroom door opened and there stood Kevin.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned, confused.

"Joe called me." He said, closing the door behind him.

"I want to come live with you," I requested again.

"No, and that's not why I'm here," He said, reaching for his belt. "He was too upset to deal with you, so he called me." My heart dropped...what did he mean, no?